Pregnancy

Featured Posts
eykelley
Baby shower advice/ideas needed. :)
Liz
April 16, 2012 at 7:57 AM
So, DH and I decided to throw our own shower. We dont have the most dependable families so, we figured we'd do it. We wanted a certain theme and everything so this works best.
We are having a Minnie Mouse themed, family style shower. It will be at the clubhouse at my grandparents retirement community (it's nice and FREE!!).
We are looking at sending about 30 invites out. About 5 of those are out-of-towners that I highly doubt will make it but, if 15 of the 30 RSVP as coming even that is looking at about 35-40 people since it's family style. I don't mind doing it this way. But, I need some good ideas for entertainment, food, etc.

I am looking at setting up a table for the kids to do Arts and Crafts at. Having coloring pages, and other art stuff. I'm gonna theme it to our baby shower and also have them make a Welcome sign for baby. :)
Then, for the guys, I am looking at doing a baby hold 'em table. Basically, it's like Texas Hold 'Em but the "buy in" is baby food or bottles or something small. We have a poker set so this works good. I'm also gonna get candy cigars for this table as well.
I am looking at doing a candy table where people can fill up there favor (a wine glass w/ pink and black polka dots w/ the shower date on it) w/ candy. There is one glass per family so DH and I are gonna get little goody boxes for the kids with different baby themed things and the men get a cigar saying "Smoke when Brooke enters the world".

I have a few family members who will make a few food items but I'm wondering if we just to hor'dervs, will that be ok? We're doing the shower from 2-4ish so, it'll be after lunch. I don't really wanna spend a lot on food. I'm also making the cake myself so, that's no big deal.

Do u ladies have any suggestions as to:
Food ideas?
Games ideas (that everyone can play)?
Any general ideas?

Thank.

Replies

• eykelley
    Liz
    April 16, 2012 at 7:59 AM
    Oh- and we're doing the "bring a large pack of diapers, (70 count or higher) win a prize!" if there are more than 30 people there we are gonna do 2 prizes, if not just 1. And the prize is movie passes for everyone in the family (I get then free from work so it's a cheap prize).
  • ConfuzdPrincess
    April 16, 2012 at 8:01 AM
    Love this post I also need ideas so I'll b checkin back
  • Tabimom08
    April 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM
    This is a great idea!! For food, I would do veggies and cheese, maybe cut up some apples and fruit, do some chips and dip maybe make like taco sale dip, cheap and yummie or a chicken wing dip! I'll think of some more snack items and let you know!
  • eykelley
    Liz
    April 16, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    Ur more than welcome to steal ideas lol. It sounds like it would be expensive, but in all honesty it's gonna cost us no more than $100 to throw it. That's invites, stamps, decorations, and everything. I do everything myself so, that helps. I'll actually post a pic of all the ideas I have so far.

Quoting ConfuzdPrincess:

Love this post I also need ideas so I'll b checkin back

• eykelley
    Liz
    April 16, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    Love all those ideas!! Yum!!

Quoting Tabimom08:

This is a great idea!! For food, I would do veggies and cheese, maybe cut up some apples and fruit, do some chips and dip maybe make like taco sale dip, cheap and yummie or a chicken wing dip! I'll think of some more snack items and let you know!

• eykelley
    Liz
    April 16, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Center piece: gonna do a lighter pink and no zebra print, also using faux flowers.
  • eykelley
    Liz
    April 16, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Cake. The only change I'm gonna do is have the word Baby on the front of the cake.
  • eykelley
    Liz
    April 16, 2012 at 8:26 AM

The invites. I'm gonna do a real bow instead of the faux one. U can buy these online for about $2 a piece, but I'm making mine.
  • eykelley
    Liz
    April 16, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Candy buffet. We're gonna buy the vases at goodwill.
  • MrsWhite101610
    April 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    For games you can have them guess how many electrical baby covers there are in a jar and then use them to baby proof your house. write a message to baby/parents. measure mommy's tummy. where you measure it ahead of time and let everyone cut a ribbon that the think would fit around your belly without going over (closest without going over wins)

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts