Pregnancy

Featured Posts
flowerfunleah
I have a stupid pregnancy question - seriously, I may sound dumb.
January 15, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Ok, here goes, this is going to sound really stupid and probably not at all possible but - can you be pregnant even if you have had your period recently?

Absurd, right?

DH and I have no intentions of having another baby for at least a few more years BUT, lately, within the past two or three days I've been light headed, dizzy, nauseaus, headaches, ridiculous really mood swings, I'm full after eating small amounts of food, yesterday we got a late night drink from Sonic (strawberry limeade, my favorite) and I took one sip and then I couldn't even look at it until the next morning. I'm also REALLY tired for no reason really early in the evening. It was at 8:30pm last night and I could barely keep my eyes open. I forced myself to be awake until ten though, if I go to bed too early I feel old.

With my first and only pregnancy (so far) I didnt really have any of these symptoms. I had breast tenderness mostly and that was it. Not nausea, no headeaches, I was fine! Granted, the girls are quite a bit larger than before I had DD, but does that make a difference?

DH and I haven't had sex in about two weeks, right before Aunt Flo visited last week. I'm on the patch as well but every time I go to the bathroom it catches on my underwear and a few times its fallen off but I've just stuck it back on. Someone please tell me I'm being ridiculous. As I type this its seeming more and more far fetched. And just for the record I dont want to have another baby at this point in time (not that if we WERE pregnant I wouldnt be happy, I would, I just dont have a desire to have another one right now.)

Replies

• mnt_2_b_mommy
    January 15, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I doubt it, if it was a regular period but only time will tell.

btw....Sonic Cherry limeade- Yummy! I wish we had sonics closer but they're few and far between in So Cal.

• kelsiey
    by kelsiey
    January 15, 2012 at 9:55 PM
    I don't think so. A period is shedding the lining of the uterine wall, and if youre pregnant that wouldnt happen.
  • kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    January 15, 2012 at 9:56 PM
    It is possible to have a period and be pregnant.

I have a friend who had spotting every month during her pregnancy
  • meam4444
    January 16, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Ive known someone who had spotting...but her periods were all over the place already, so it was hard to know.  Good luck!

• nerdymom28
    January 16, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I had a false period with my first daughter, but it was only for one month. I've heard of rare cases where women had a slight period throughout their pregnancy...if you're really concerned, take a test.

• Halfpint01
    January 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM

No it is not possible to have an actual period while pregnant.  However it is possible to have breakthrough bleeding that would confuse most people for a period.

• Sassy_Mommy1
    January 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    Anything is possible. I have a friend that had what she thought was her period then it was 2 days short she got an u/s and found out she was 19 wks pregnant. I would say wait it out then take a test if your period doesnt seem regular in feb.
  • Desirae1394
    January 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM

My mom had her period through the majority of her pregnancy with my youngest bio sister.

• jenjen19
    January 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    It is possible there has been many women that had periods,whole time during pregnancy it is possible....gud luck darlin....

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts