Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Crystals_Mom07
Help me out... (question)
April 26, 2007 at 12:35 AM
I have 9 days until my due date, and I still don't know if what I'm experiencing are contractions. Ok, so this is what happens....

My whole stomach will get REALLY tight, and it kind of gets hard to breath. Not REALLY hard, but somewhat hard to breath. Sometimes there is pain in my lower stomach like mentrual cramps. Sometimes the pain is dull, or it hurts pretty bad, and sometimes it doesn't hurt at all. It's never hurt enough for me to be like, "OMG THIS HURTS SOOO BAD." I've heard different things from different people. My mom and my aunt don't think that I'm having contractions, but Idk what else they could be. Mom said that it's what I described, with lower pain. The doctor that described them to me said that it's a tightened stomach with ALL over pain. I just don't know... That's another thing they say, "you'll know when your in labor." I'm not wondering if I'm in labor, I'm wondering if these are contractions!

Cynthia<3

oh, another thing I'm experiencing is a sharp pain in my vaginal area. I read somewhere that those pains could mean dilation of the cervix, but Idk if I've dilated because I haven't been checked. I don't think they check me because when they ask if I've had contractions, I say, "I'm pretty sure I have been having them, but Idk for sure."

i feel dumb for having to ask.. lol.

Replies

• Novbabyontheway
    April 26, 2007 at 2:27 AM
    You could be having contractions, but it doesn't sound like you are in labor. I had quite a few of the Braxton Hicks contractions when I was even as early as 7/8 months along with my first. Those are just the tightening of your whole stomach with minimal pain. Real contractions will be intense enough for you not to talk during them and they will not go away when you lay down. Don't rush to the hospital unless you are sure you are in labor and the contractions are atleast 5 minutes apart. Unless ofcourse, your water breaks then go right away. Good luck!
  • onedayatatime
    April 26, 2007 at 2:58 AM
    Sounds like Braxton Kicks contractions to me which will prepare you for the real thing. If you are in doubt when you are having these contractions you should empty your bladder, drink a glass of water and go lie down. (unless you were lying down to start with--then you should walk around) basically after drinking the water - change your activity. You can not make true contractions go away. Also true contractions may start out irregular but eventually wil become longer and sronger and closer together.

It does sound like it will be soon though. Good Luck.
  • anguwa
    by anguwa
    April 26, 2007 at 3:54 AM
    It could be just braxton hicks contractions, or regular contractions, you will know when your in labor type contractions. I had this going on with my pregancies. It could be the very beginning of labor. So good luck, and Congrats on your soon to be arrival.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN