Pregnancy

Featured Posts
momto1ryen
15-16 weeks and movement?
November 20, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I've been feeling the baby make small movements since 13 weeks. This past week I've been feeling kicks. Nothing big, like 2 kicks a day and last night 5 kicks which I was excited about because I put my hand on my stomach and was able to feel it that way too. My questions is it's literally only like once or twice a day I feel the baby move. Is that normal? I'll be 16 weeks Monday. The baby hang out super low and I've read it can be harder to feel movement because they hit your bladder not skin. I was just wondering what other people were feeling around this time?

Replies

• mommyziegler
    November 20, 2009 at 10:50 AM

You are only 15-16 weeks so yeah thats normal. Most people don't even feel the baby move then. You don't really need to count baby movements or even be concerned about the movements until 26 weeks my doctor told me.

• kstailey
    November 20, 2009 at 10:50 AM

i was feeling that to at 16 weeks, now im 18 weeks and can't really feel the baby. im carrying very low to, so maybe thats why.

• montessori_mama
    November 20, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I felt nothing at all until 20 weeks.  Now, when she's awake and active, she'll move as much as ten times in ten minutes.  So, my thought is that it's probably normal.   I'm sure she'll move more and more as the days go on.  It's so exciting!  Enjoy it!

• aniyabel
    November 20, 2009 at 10:52 AM

You're fine, sweetie.   I"m 24 weeks and my OB has informed me that there will still supposedly be periods of time when he's not moving, you don't need to worrry until you're further along.  Sometimes if I haven't felt anything in awhile and I worry I just drink a glass of juice and lay stilil--that gets him going!

That being said, for the past two weeks, all this kid has DONE is move.  He wakes me up now, haha:) 

• jkmeier8909
    November 20, 2009 at 10:56 AM

i'll be 17 weeks in two days and i had a doctors appt. last monday and i said something to the nurse about how i thought i felt the baby move and she told me that it was probably gas moving through. but i still think its the baby. lol

• MamaKrystal
    November 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM

I'll be 19 weeks this Saturday and defintely feel some movements. I felt fluttering at 16 weeks and didn't start feeling the actual punches and kicks till last week. LoL. My husband can't feel it yet through my belly. I'm sure in a few weeks he will be able to feel them. It's normal to feel them at certain times but not as much. The further along you get, the  more active they will be. I know with my first two kids, they were very active after 20 weeks. Good times.  

• InGodsTime
    November 20, 2009 at 10:25 PM

I'm 17  weeks. Haven't felt any kicks yet but I have def. felt movement.So exciting.

• GodsAmiga
    November 20, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Definitely normal. I started feeling movements at 16 weeks with my first and I was told that's the earliest most people feel movement. With my daughter the movements started out gradual and increased with time. This one I started feeling at 10 weeks and at 16 weeks I started feeling the kicks. Although she used to move more often now it's decreased a little which scared me at first until I realized that I'm not as far along as I was thinking-lol! Because I started feeling movement 6 weeks earlier this time I feel like I should be 6 weeks farther along movement-wise. It isn't usually until the baby starts getting a bit bigger that you start feeling everything more often. Then of course when s/he starts running out of room the movement usually decreases a little again and the type of movement can change as well.

• racang
    by racang
    November 21, 2009 at 2:31 AM

I agree, its very normal, I started feeling the baby move since week 15 but it was only a few times that whole week, than at about 16.5 weeks I started to feel movement more and about 3 times a day for about 5 mins each time.......at about 13.5 days I had a doc. appt. and when he went to find the heartbeat with the doppler he had found the baby on the left side, the baby hates the doppler because as he pushed in the find the heartbeat the baby pushed on the doppler trying to get the doctor to move it away from him.......that hurt but it was diffinalty the baby, the doctor even felt it which was pretty cool. My husband has yet to feel the baby kick but he did feel the baby move about a week ago, my girls have even felt the baby......it is really amazing, I can't wait until it is much stronger and you can actually see it.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts