Babies

Featured Posts
alexa5
constipated 7 month old
by alexa5
December 3, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Hi! My son is just about 7 months old. We started "real" food on his 6 month birthday so he's been eating stage 1 foods once a day for about 5 weeks now. He hasn't had a BM in 4 days and I'm getting a little worried. He won't drink any juice and I've given him tummy and butt massages too. I heard it's nothing to worry about in breastfed babies but I'm no longer exclusively breastfeeding anymore so I don't know what to do. He's seems extra cranky lately and I'm not surprised. If it were me I'd be unhappy too. Any advice on how to ease his discomfort? Thanks in advance..

Replies

• tippymorgan08
    December 3, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Try some children's probiotics. All they are is the bacteria that is already in your bowels, just in a pill or liquid form. When those good bacteria get low (they can get low due to certain foods or by taking antibiotics) it can often cause constipation. You could go to your local health store and see if they have any and give them a try. I took probiotics all throughout our pregnancy and our son is a poop machine! LOL! I hope his colon stays that good.

• Swt_Mama
    December 3, 2008 at 7:57 PM

KARO SYRUP IN A BOTTLE OF MILK(NOT SURE IF YOU PUMP OR NOT) OR OATMEAL HELPS TRY PRUNES, PLUMS, APRICOTS THEY HAVE THAT IN BABY FOOD THAT SHOULD HELP HOPE I WAS HELPFUL

• BrocksMommy514
    December 3, 2008 at 9:09 PM

This is a probiotic, great stuff,  it worked wonders for my son. 

• MommyMica
    December 3, 2008 at 9:19 PM

You could add about an ounce or two of prune juice to some milk and that should do the trick.

• Bryansmommy07
    December 3, 2008 at 11:22 PM

my son was constipated all the time, and believe it or not if you warm up the formula or breast milk and place a tsp of brown sugar and shake it well it will help him alot. it may take about 3 bottles  with is in it  before he goes.  good luck pm me if u have more questions about it.

• Hallmomma
    December 4, 2008 at 7:48 AM

Talk to you doctor because most will not consider a baby constipated unless they are pooping balls out.  Some babies just dont poop for a few days.  I have a friend who's daughter would go 5 days before pooping and then just pooped everything at once! 

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN