Babies

Featured Posts
CortneyGirl
Sucking/Licking Her Lips?!
December 3, 2008 at 7:07 PM

My dd is 3 months and 4 days old... Just today she started licking/sucking on her lips.. video below. I gave her a bottle and then she started doing this, so I thought maybe she was hungry.. so I gave her some cereal... Well, she continued to do it.. it's hilarious! I can't help but laugh.. have you seen any other babies do this?! lol Why is she doing it?

Replies

• ldynes25
    December 4, 2008 at 12:28 AM

My DH used to do it ALL THE TIME.  It was the funniest thing.  She would suck in both her top and bottom lips and she looked like an old man, haha.  I have no idea why they do it, it might feel neat to them! Lex also does this weird thing with her tounge where she sticks it out and it becomes really pointy, oh man it makes me laugh so hard!

• angie-mom-of-3
    December 4, 2008 at 12:37 AM

Lol! she is so cute, i think she just found her tongue and is having fun, babies are so funny, My lil girl does some funny facial expressions that just make me laugh.

• Anne814
    by Anne814
    December 4, 2008 at 7:51 PM

Haha. My son does this, too. He started at about the same age your dd is now. He also does that thing the PP was describing where he sucks in his bottom lip. It's hilarious. Babies are soooo entertaining.

• katythemm
    December 5, 2008 at 12:46 PM
    They do it to soothe themselves and entertain themselves. Sucking is a very natural action for babies and it calms them.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts