Featured Posts
drojohn
Hubby and Breastfeeding
by drojohn
November 30, 2008 at 10:29 PM

My son was born May 22, 2008 and we have been breastfeeding. He is doing just fine breastfeeding, he weighs 22lbs at 6 months. The problem I have is with my husband. I think he may be jealous or something. When I start to feed my son, he sometimes kicks and makes a kind of screeching sound when I start pulling up my shirt to feed him. My husband tells me "see, he hates breastfeeding, he wants a bottle". My son is just excited because he knows what is coming, he is not upset about it. I don't understand why my husband would try and make me feel bad about breastfeeding, the only thing I can think of is that he's jealous in some kind of way. Any thoughts?

Replies

• BrandonsWifey08
    November 30, 2008 at 10:44 PM

only thought is that is such a man!!!lol

• Emschick38
    November 30, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Boys are so silly. Tell your hubby he can wait his turn for your boobs back.

• frndlyfn
    December 1, 2008 at 5:04 AM

maybe he wants to feed your little one  himself? otherwise he can wait his turn for boobs.

• Bobcatvalley
    December 1, 2008 at 6:21 AM

my husband acts the same way.  u would think they would be happy we r doin whats best 4 baby

• abra
    by abra
    December 1, 2008 at 6:56 AM

Why don't you just ask your hubby about it? Tell him how it makes you feel when he does that.

• darbie2008
    December 1, 2008 at 1:56 PM

my hubby is jealous of the bondnig me and my son get with breastfeeding but since i let him feed him one bottle at night when  want more sleep he is fine now.

• Mia055
    by Mia055
    December 1, 2008 at 4:44 PM

my hubby acted the same way when i first had my son...he thought he wouldnt have time with me or him...then i told him breastfeeding kept my periods away and of course he liked that LOL...

• perfectmom20
    December 1, 2008 at 4:46 PM

i agree this is best!!

Quoting abra:

Why don't you just ask your hubby about it? Tell him how it makes you feel when he does that.

• drojohn
    by drojohn
    December 2, 2008 at 10:44 AM

I have asked him about it, more than once. He just denies that he is jealous and swears my son hates it. I told him when he says things like that it makes me feel bad, and he just tells me to "get over it". He really is usually a really nice man, that is why I don't understand why he acts this way. I am going to try pumping more so that he can feed him atleast once a day.

• Bobcatvalley
    December 3, 2008 at 9:10 PM

I really would not worry about pumping to cater to his needs.  Hold your ground on this one.  Men can be very selfish.

Quoting drojohn:

I have asked him about it, more than once. He just denies that he is jealous and swears my son hates it. I told him when he says things like that it makes me feel bad, and he just tells me to "get over it". He really is usually a really nice man, that is why I don't understand why he acts this way. I am going to try pumping more so that he can feed him atleast once a day.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts