Babies

Noahsma08
does ur baby use a....
November 24, 2008 at 8:44 AM

nite lite. my son is 10months. i jus started turnin off the nite lite wen he goes to bed. maybe this will help him sleep all nite!!!!! im sooooo ready for that!

Replies

• Cheyennesmommy4
    November 26, 2008 at 10:42 AM

I used to and I sometimes do still.  Our computer Monitor is always on so it acts as a nitelight, but I regular one, we haven't used since Cheyenne was a newborn.  She's 19 months now.

• adair87
    by adair87
    November 26, 2008 at 12:39 PM

a nightlite was our biggest mistake. Teah would sit up watching it and talking to it. She sleeps so much better when its dark. In fact we even bought extra dark curtains for her room so she would sleep longer. Yes I know that sounds mean, but do you have any idea how nice it is to sleep 8 hours and have time for coffee?

• Mom2Bria
    November 26, 2008 at 7:35 PM

I moved my baby into her own room when she was 2 and half months old...she was starting to turn over in the bassinett...and when she was still getting up for late night feedings I would change her diaper in her room that has a night light one...so now when she goes to bed I leave the nightlight on! She has been sleeping threw the night since I moved her into her crib, although she does wake up every once in a while for an extra feeding...so the night light doesn't seem to bother her nor does does the light if we turn it on...

• proudmamafeb
    November 26, 2008 at 9:02 PM

That makes 2 of us cuz mine are under 2 also and I feel like Im crazy sometimes...LOL

Quoting shortie01:

Sanai(19m) sleeps with her TV on, she likes the noise.

• krystledawn7
    November 26, 2008 at 9:09 PM

my son has a night light and usually sleeps through the night.

• Lovcoqui04
    December 5, 2008 at 6:45 PM

I discovered that my DD will not sleep with sleep with the night light on even when i put a LED light in it which cuts the light in half from what it was so i have to turn out all the lights for her and since she is my room i even half to cover my clock which glows green so that she doesnt wake up constantly but she sleeps just fine during the day with the sun shining on her. Strange how some babys are like that

• BrodysMommy251
    December 5, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Mine does. He's 15 mo. and has his whole life, and sleeps just fine.

• nitalynn78
    December 6, 2008 at 1:01 AM

I also bought a blue nightlight from Wal-Mart, mine is in the shape of a sailboat, not to bright, just as she said.  I also have a cd I bought from Wal-Mart, which originally was for me (lol), it's a rain/thunderstorm cd...both of my kids fall right to sleep with it. 

Quoting kstott82:

my son has been sleeping with a night light since about 2.5 months old he is now 5 months old.  I bought it from walmart it gives off a soft blue light thats not really bright but enough so he doesnt wake up in total darkness...i also have a noise maker that has the white noise on it that seems to help as well.

• stacymomof2
    December 6, 2008 at 1:01 PM

When my oldest was a baby she needed complete darkness, or she would be up all night.  Suddenly when she was 2 1/2 she got scared in the dark and now uses a nightlight.  My little one needs complete darkness too.  I think if they could see they were just to stimulated to sleep.  (they are busy, busy girls)

• searl731
    December 6, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Same here. or the hall light.

Susie

Quoting lilmomma4:

i never used a night light. I usually leave the bathroom light on for the older kids though.

Babies