Featured Posts
TWINMOM2224
I NEED HELP AND ADVISE ON HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT
November 5, 2008 at 3:51 AM

I NEED EVERY ONES THOUGHTS, EXPERIENCE, ECT. I HAD MY TWIN BOYS AND MY SKIN STRECHED OUT TO THE MAX. THE SKIN WAS JUST HANGING THERE FOR A WHILE BUT I GAINED WEIGHT THE HEVYEST IVE BEEN IN MY WHOLE LIFE I NEED TO LOOSE LIKE 50-60 POUNDS. I NEED HELP TO LOOSE THE WEIGHT WHAT SHOULD I USE,PILLS,TEAS,WHAT SHOULD I DO ANYBODY HELP.I NEED PEOPLE THAT USED A PRODUCT THAT WORKED.AND ON ALL YOUR BODY NOT JUST ONE SPOT EVERY WHERE.WRITH ME IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Replies

• ClownPleco
    November 5, 2008 at 9:33 AM

The BEST way to lose weight is simple: EXERCISE! And watch your caloric intake.

It really is that simple. But it's not easy to do!

Pills, fad diets, all that crap doesn't work. Or it may work for a while, but then most people gain their weight back and then some.

Seriously: exercise and a healthy diet.

I've heard people have had success with support groups like Weight Watchers, where they teach this same principle. I'm leery of places like Jenny Craig, because they give you the food you need; I'm not sure if they do anything to help you with lifestyle changes.

Good luck.

• Mom63601
    November 5, 2008 at 9:37 AM

I am having the same problem!  My twins are 2 years old, and I weight more now than when I was  pregnant with them.  I just can't seem to lose weight!!  But my mother went on a diet.  You know what she did?!?  She quit drinking soda.  In the 1st month, she lost 10 lbs. So far, she has lost like 20 lbs, and it's been a few months.  I don't know any pills that actually work, but if you drink or take in a lot of sugar, that may help to cut back some!!  Good luck

• mamaof32007
    November 5, 2008 at 10:06 AM

I am in the same boat as you!  my twins are 13 months, 2 months ago I started gaining weight I was below my prepregnancy weights before I ever got preggers I weighed 176, I weighed 172!  I am 5 9.  now I weigh 178.  it is hard to go out and exercise, I have the twins and a 28 month old, and hubby gets home to late for me to go exercise.  it is not all that easy.  I had gotten a lot of bashing a few months ago by some moms saying that it is no excuse.   oh well, I could care less.  I just wanted to let you know u r not alone!

• jonellg
    by jonellg
    November 5, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Ok first of all congrats on the twins!! But I know how you feel about the wieght. My son is two months old, I gained 70 pounds while prego. How? I still wonder. Anyways I've lost 32 pounds so far it just takes time. I have a hell of a long way to go. I was a size three before I got prego. But it's not my first time so I have no doubt I'll be back in my jeans my Valentines day. You just need to watch what you eat and work out, the key is not to eat too little. And to vary your calorie intake. Don't got crazy, you really only need to cut out a few hundred calories a day. Personally I do the Atkins diet, but it is NOT for everyone and ALOT of people will tell you it's bad for you. But if you would like a diet buddy/work out partner I'm your girl.

As for the stretched out skin, you're going to have to try not to loose the weight too fast. And I would get a good cream like trilastin (you can google it) it will help a lot. And as my husband says every day. Give your self a break! You just had a baby, or in your case babies!!

• jonellg
    by jonellg
    November 5, 2008 at 11:42 AM

And another thing, if you don't have time to work out it's not your fault. IT'S YOUR HUSBANDS!!!! I go to the gym 5 or 6 days a week and let me tell you ladies I love it. I take classes like kick boxing and step arobics and it not only gets me into shape it give me time away from my wonderful screaming kids. You have got to take care of you! No one else is going to do it. And it is the least your husbands can do, watching the kids for an hour so you can go work out is not too much to ask. And he will love your new fit body. As for the gym being too expensive check out your local YMCA that's where I go and it's about 30 buck a month but well worth it. An hour a day wil change your life. It's not even about being "skinny" it's so much fun working out with other women, there are no kids around and it's just so relaxing. Not to mention you can get some frusterations worked out, or try Yoga it's super relaxing and tones your muscles. If you get into better shape you will live longer, and be able to play harder with your kids. I felt selfish when I fist started going but now I realize this is something I do for my family.  It is our responsibility as moms to take care of ourselves so we can take care of our families. Ok I've rambled on enough. Go to the gym damn it you'll like it!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts