Babies

Noahsma08
i have a question about diabetes......
November 4, 2008 at 1:31 PM

ok so last nite my 20 yrs old brother went upstairs to get a drink. a few seconds after he got up there we heard a huge noise..like something was gonna fall through the celling. we all ran upstairs and my bro passed out. he was really white(even his lips) couldnt talk and was out fro prolly 4 mins. we have a lot of diabetics in my family. my grandmother has a glucose tester here so my mmom used it this mornin and it came back 83.....is that high or low or wat?? wat should ur blood measure normally? does it matter male or female? should he see a doctor????

thanks!!!

Replies

• FullofLuvMom
    November 5, 2008 at 11:17 AM

I am diabetic and normal is between 80 and 120 .  I would keep checking it about 2 hours after each meal and if it is over 120 then he needs to be monitored for diabetes but if it was 83 that is in normal range it could be something else.  Passing out would not be a sign until it is extremely high. 

• momtorussell
    November 5, 2008 at 12:42 PM

My husband is a type 1 diabetic and 83 is not low at all.   I prefer that his blood sugar be around 80-100.  When he was diagnosed, his sugar was around 500.  If he starts feeling low, his number is usually around 40-50. 

Babies