Babies

Featured Posts
bobbi0110
Can it be equal all the time???
October 7, 2008 at 11:45 AM

I have two daughters--ages 4 and 1.  The one year old lately wants to be held all the time.  And not just held, but cuddled and hugged really tightly.  This makes the four year old jealous (which is weird cuz her lil sis and her are really close and she loves on her all the time).  Then when I am trying to spend some time with the four year old, the one year old cries and whines in jealousy.  When I try to hold both and love on them at the same time, they argue or fuss til they get one-on-one time with me.  Hubby and I have even tried to split it where he'll take one and go play and spend time with her while I spend time with the other one and then we'll switch...nothing seems to work though--one always seems left out.  Can it be equal all the time or does it always have to turn into one-on-one???  I hope this makes sense and any advice or input would be helpful.  They do both know I love them so so much as I make sure they know that everyday no matter what and you can even ask the four year old and she says mommy loves us both so so much.....but I still feel like I always have to single them out....

Replies

• loli_usn17
    October 7, 2008 at 11:53 AM

It's probably just a stage. I only have one right now and another on the way, so I don't know anything from experience. My only suggestion would be to just stick with some one-on-one time every once in a while, so they get that special attention, but also do things they both can do (like to the park or outside playing) at the same time.

Sorry I'm not much help. If anything, here's a bump!

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts