Babies

becca2715
When tiny babys change into bigger babys....
September 28, 2008 at 9:25 PM

My 4 month old has recently started doing TONS of new stuff!!  Its like WHAM!!!  She started to roll a week ago,  is holding herself up on her belly a whole lot more, goes nuts over her play gym, kicks her legs and feet and waves her arms when she sees someone she knows, grins at everyone who smiles at her, and has started babbling ALL the time.... (even in church.. and LOUDLY during prayer), and seems to have a new sound or shriek every day.  She no longer has the pitiful new baby cry, but a full out bellowing scream that would make anyone swear that your beating her to death.  If something strikes her as funny, she has this adorable little giggle shes perfecting.  All of a sudden she seems to have hit a major growth spurt and is outgrowing EVERYTHING!!  Shes firmly out of 0-3 month clothes and is in 3-6 month stuff.  And even some 6-9 and 12 month stuff!!  She was a premie and it took her forever to decide to start gaining weight.  Im just in awe of my little baby.  Shes not so little anymore.  It breaks my heart.  I want her to grow up, of course, but theres a little part of me that wants her to stay a baby forever.  I cried when i couldnt get her into her little overalls that i had gotten from a friend.  They are premie size and she wore them forever.  I seriously considered cutting off a few buttons and snipping here and there so she could wear them anouther day.  I cought myself and thought i had lost my mind.  It is such a blessing to be a mom and yet it is so heart rending at the same time.  Maybe  im just being hormonal, like my dh says.

Replies

• Danesmommy1
    September 29, 2008 at 9:47 AM

I think it's perfectly natural to feel that way.  I see how big my boy is and it is heartbreaking to realize he'll be all grown up before I know it.

Elke

• nmalden
    by nmalden
    September 29, 2008 at 9:55 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean.  My son just turned 4 months on Friday and he has changed so much since he came home from the hospital!  Granted he wasn't a little baby to begin with, he was 9 lb. 5 oz. and 22 in. long, but all the personality and developmental changes that have occurred just astound me.  I remember the day he didn't need me to rock him to sleep anymore.  I was so sad - yeah it was nice to be able to just lie him down and have him put himself to sleep but I missed just being able to hold him. 

All those feelings are completely natural.  You spend 9 months planning for this little baby and then they arrive and time just flies by so fast!  I just take A LOT of pictures because I want to remember everything!

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts