oxley12
brushing teeth
by oxley12
September 4, 2008 at 11:20 AM

My daughter is 16 months old, and she has 12 teeth now.   Up until about a week ago shes always been great about letting me brush her teeth, and she even started doing it herself.  But in the past week she has started to refuse to let me brush them.  She will clamp her mouth shut, run from me, anything.  Its such a fight to get her to brush them.  I've bought her cool new toothbrushes, the toddler tooth paste and everything.  Any advice?

Replies

• rayraysmom
    September 4, 2008 at 11:47 AM

have you tried the charater spin brushes my son love that one and it feels good on there gums.

• deira
    by deira
    September 4, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Will she still brush them on her own?  If so, just let her do it - it's better than nothing.  If not, ask her to brush your teeth (gross, I know) and then see if she'll let you take a turn.  It's hard.  My kids are LUCKY if they get theirs brushed once a day!! 

• Rebekah_Enzley
    September 4, 2008 at 5:35 PM

My son did the same thing at first b/c he thought it was fun but the new wore off. I have the hardest time getting him to brush his teeth maybe once every two days. It's just hard for me to remember.(I'm a horrible mom) I've tried everything except the spin brush I think I will try that! Keep trying, I know persistence works with my son. It sucks but don't give up. Hope this helped!

• WeeNas_Mommy
    September 4, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Maybe she's teething again...

My daughter is the same way. She was super good at letting me brush her teeth. And so I resorted to using a wash rag.. (advised by my pediatrician) just incase the bristles were too harsh on her teeth.. and all I've resulted to is bitten fingers! lol

I think i'll try the spin head ones..and see how that works. But I do notice that when she takes off like a rocket... its cause her gums hurt...cause she's still teething.. good luck... hope it works out for you...

• AshLDSinMS
    September 4, 2008 at 7:38 PM

I brush my daughter's teeth right after we get out of the bath so she's still in the "let's get clean" mode.

• mommyofanonly
    September 4, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Do you have more than one bathroom??

I put toothpaste and toothbrushes in every bathroom along with a little mirror for my son. Then I let him choose where he wants to brush. He'll even pick the kitchen sink...I don't care as long as he brushes, right?? I also let him choose before or after bath.....choices...it works for us.

Good luck!!! 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts