Featured Posts
Kittismama
Potty training someone else's kid
September 3, 2008 at 2:24 PM

I have a 2 year old daughter (just turned 2) and take care of a nearly 3 year old boy during the weekdays.  His mother started potty training him months ago, but didn't make any progress at all till the past couple weeks.  Now when she takes him home each evening she puts him in underwear and takes him to the potty every 30 minutes and he apparently stays dry all evening.  She has made sure I have the same kind of potty for him and provides me with underwear as well as pull ups, but I am having no luck at all, even using the same method she does.  He has not successfully used the potty here at all, and will even wet himself right after being sat on the potty.  Most of the times I tell him it is potty time he will sit on it without any complaints, but nothing happens...sometimes he will get upset and throw fits about being told it's potty time and when that happens I don't push it.  My daughter is excited about this potty alarm that sounds every half hour and wants to sit on the potty as well when he does, but she doesn't do anything either.  Personally I don't believe in pushing pushing, since my daughter is showing an interest I do talk to her when I am changing yucky diapers and explain that those yuckies can go in the potty, and she can tell me any time she needs to go potty..but it doesn't matter to me too much if she does or if she ends up not being trained for another year.   Are there any suggestions on what I can do about the boy I watch?  I can't not do anything since his mother is pushing it, but I don't want to push to where he hates the potty either.

Replies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts