Babies

AKR_MAR
TLC's Bringing Home Baby - A gripe about visitors...
by AKR_MAR
August 29, 2008 at 6:24 PM
OK, So I catch TLC's Bringing Home Baby a couple days a week, and something always rubbed me wrong on that show...today I figured out that it was always how the couples had visitors, sometimes a super load of visitors on the baby's first day...I feel that it's rude for anyone to go visit a baby on the second day of them being home...it stresses out the parents and the baby, and you see it all the time on that show...My daughter is 5 1/2 months and I still don't welcome visitors all the time...I especially did not welcome them within the first two weeks of her being home...not to mention a lot of the guests bring their small snotty children over! Ugh...so maybe I'm just having a cranky moment, but does anyone else have issues with visitors and your little ones? Any thoughts?

Replies

• gradysmom1107
    September 2, 2008 at 9:28 AM

I agree it does depend on what kind of person you are. Each mom each family will have different circumstances and different views.  I thought I wanted visitors, but by the time I got home I was in sooo much pain and so emotional I was a wreck.  I was grumpy and unreasonable. Thankfully, my husband saw I was not up for visitors and asked that only grandparents come and visit for a few weeks. 

• gilln001
    September 2, 2008 at 10:11 AM

I agree you should limit contact between people and newborns at all times their immune system is low and they can easily catch other stuff from other kids I say not until they had their first set of vaccinations  at least to limit.  My hubby is a true beleiver to that and yes you get into that mode after having a baby you really dont want to associate with people because if you catch something baby will too because you are in close contact with the baby.  So no its not unusual its just being safe and we do have to protect them until they get their immunizations.

• Live4HerSmile
    September 2, 2008 at 10:55 AM

We didn't get home the first day until like 10 or 11 at NIGHT, so no one came over.  I did NOT want people over AT ALL for like a week, but they came anyway...Especially my mother-in-law who thinks that boundaries are for everyone BUT her...

I did NOT want visitors in the hospital before 11am or after 5pm, either. 

I just wanted some time to meet my baby and bond with her, and for my husband (and I, but mostly him) to adjust to having our own family now...

The other thing that irritates me about that show is how freakin' dumb the people are.  I understand that they're mostly first time parents, but really???  What did you think was going to happen?  You'd bring home the baby and it would only need you to occasionally feed or change it, nothing else?

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts