Babies

Featured Posts
jaydensmom0803
I TOO WANT TO BE A SAHM. PLEASE HELP!!!!
August 21, 2008 at 10:08 PM

I JUST HAD MY BABY IN JUNE AND I'VE LOVED MY TIME OFF. CANT THINK OF ANY ONE I'D WANT TO LEAVE MY BABY WITH BUT MY FAMILY AND THEY ALL WORK. WHAT CAN I DO TO TAKE IN SOME INCOME TO HELP OUT MY SON'S FATHER.  THATS LAGIT .I'M A STORE MANAGER AND MAKE REALLY GOOD MONEY BUT IT KILLS ME TO THINK OF HAVING TO LEAVE MY SON, I'M ALSO NURSING TOO.

Replies

• joys.
    by joys.
    August 21, 2008 at 11:14 PM

You have to be prepared to make sacrifices.  I was a medical office supervisor and had been with the company for 10 years.  When we got Emma we decided I could stay home with her.  I had to give up my shopping and a lot of my independance.  I dont even have my own checking account anymore, but I get to spend my days with my daughter.  There is a lot of information on  several of these groups that might help you, but you just need to be prepared for the changes your life will take when you decide to be a SAHM.

• samstanford
    August 22, 2008 at 8:21 AM

I am a stay-at-home mother of three. I have an 8 year old son, a 4 year old daughter, and a 1 year old daughter. I had a career running apartments. I did it all. I was on call 24 hours a dAY. I BARELY SAW MY CHILDREN. I quit my job. My husband is the only one working. I have research several oppurtunities on the iternet. I do not recommed doing that. They are scams. They take your money. 

I started babysitting my 1 year old nephew. I was charging $60 a week. The extra $240 a month was a big help. A WORD OF ADVICE ON BABYSITTING, GET PAID UPFRONT BEFORE YOU START!!!!!! This way there is no problems getting paid(no excuses). Due to my health I stopped babysitting.

I was trying to find a way to bring in extra money.I now do research for people. I post an ad on Craigs List. I just started doing it about a week ago. So far I have had 4 requests. I charge $35 for 1-49 pages, $40 for 50-99 pages, etc, They pay upfront, and I gaurantee my work.

I'm not saying this would be right for you. I'm just saying think about a service you can provide from the comfort of your own home. That way you have time with your baby. While the baby is sleeping, you can make a little money.

I HOPE THIS HELPS. 

• jaesproudmommy
    August 22, 2008 at 9:51 AM

Not too long ago, I was like you, looking for a way to work at home.  I finally found a legit business that has helped me stay home with my 4 month old daughter.  Up until now, I only found scams.  If you are motivated, you can make money at home as well, and I‘m happy to help.  Thankfully, there's NO selling, ordering, parties or delivering of products, and we have lots of support! Message me if you are interested:)

• dancingbaby
    August 22, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Are you able to work on the weekends?You can look into becoming a demonstrator in retail stores, Check www.narms.com for different types of merchandising and demo jobs. You can also go onto craigslist or indeed.com, and seach "demonstrator." My friend is a demostrator for Blue Buffalo dog food- she gets paid $10/hr to work 4 hour shifts at local Petsmart stores. Good luck! Being a sahm is a full time job in itself and has been quite an adjustment for me....

• jaydensmom0803
    August 22, 2008 at 1:59 PM

THANKS MOMS I'M SCARED, MY RELEASE FOR WORK IS SEPT 1ST. I KNO IT;LL BE A HUGE CHANGE IN OUR BRING HOME INCOME BUT I DONT WANT TO STUGGLE. I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THE BABYSITTING.

• gencat2002
    August 22, 2008 at 4:32 PM

I havn't had the option to stay home yet. I'm working my ass off to get there and I'm so close in just 2 months at supplementing my income and being able to hang out with other moms and women. I do Passion Parties which allows me to get out of the house as much as I want or as little as I want and make money. Because everyone knows SEX SELLS. And it sells itself. No hard work but great money. Message me and I can give you more information. :) Being a store manager you would be great at this. Good luck!!!!!!

• Sandy.A
    by Sandy.A
    October 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I think it's really about sacrifices.. and supporting the huz, maybe working part time

• DylansMommyXo
    October 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    This post is from 2008, I'm sure op figured it out lol.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts