Featured Posts
228mommy922
she will only be 18 months
April 10 at 1:52 PM
I'm expecting my second in September and my dd will only be 18 months. she is so spoiled no one else has babies in the family. a friend just had a little boy and when we were visiting Adalee was so jealous and really started to act out. I want to prepare her for for the new arrival as much as possible but at this age I'm not sure how to get her to understand. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Mom2Just1
    April 10 at 2:35 PM
    I will have a 22 month age gap. You just involve her as much as possible.
  • KylersMom8-16-7
    April 10 at 3:32 PM
    My first two were 16 months apart. I got my son a doll and we talked about his brother coming all the time. Towards the end of my pregnancy he loved kissing and rubbing my belly. When his brother was born he was more interested in stealing his pacifier and ignored him completely. It wasn't until his brother was 2 months that he was interested and I involved him as much as possible. They are best friends now at 5 and 6:-)
  • JerrysMom2011
    April 10 at 3:35 PM

This, my first two are 23 months apart. Just start talk to your lil one tell her that theres a baby in mommys belly. I started as soon as i found out with my DS, he didnt really understand until I actually had the baby. He was a lil jealous but nothing that was extreme. I got him to hand me baby wipes, and diapers etc. Now that the baby is 9 months and my first son is 2.5 they are getting really close, they even play together its adorable. He watches me change his brothers diaper and he mimics on his stuffed animal! 

Quoting Mom2Just1: I will have a 22 month age gap. You just involve her as much as possible.

• 228mommy922
    April 10 at 4:02 PM
    She has dolls and loves them. She will kids my belly. And points at it and says baby. This baby wasn't planned but I do think when there older that them being so close in age will be nice.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: My first two were 16 months apart. I got my son a doll and we talked about his brother coming all the time. Towards the end of my pregnancy he loved kissing and rubbing my belly. When his brother was born he was more interested in stealing his pacifier and ignored him completely. It wasn't until his brother was 2 months that he was interested and I involved him as much as possible. They are best friends now at 5 and 6:-)
  • 228mommy922
    April 10 at 4:05 PM
    I knew it would be an adjustment for her but when her fast and were holding our friends little boy she went nuts. Throwing fits trying to hit and bite. She doesn't normally act that way, so it really surprised me and got me worried.

Quoting JerrysMom2011:

This, my first two are 23 months apart. Just start talk to your lil one tell her that theres a baby in mommys belly. I started as soon as i found out with my DS, he didnt really understand until I actually had the baby. He was a lil jealous but nothing that was extreme. I got him to hand me baby wipes, and diapers etc. Now that the baby is 9 months and my first son is 2.5 they are getting really close, they even play together its adorable. He watches me change his brothers diaper and he mimics on his stuffed animal! 

Quoting Mom2Just1: I will have a 22 month age gap. You just involve her as much as possible.

• mysticatgal
    April 10 at 4:08 PM
    I'm due in August with the same age gap. I have dolls for my ds and the other day he helped me give the baby some of his water. He laughs when he drops the baby but at least he won't hold the real baby by himself
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts