Schizomom91
Relactation Bootcamp!
November 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Dd is 6 weeks old. I breastfed for the first 3 weeks and stopped because I "just don't have the time." Well now that she's on a schedule and I've figured out how to get everything done within her schedule, it seems like it would be much easier and quite frankly, I miss it!

I am still making a little breastmilk, but not near enough to feed her on, so I'm going to try re-lactation boot camp! Hopefully it works because I'd really like to have that bonding time back!

Replies

• abra
    by abra
    November 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    Best of luck to you!!
  • ncale
    by ncale
    November 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    You can do it! Good luck
  • ncale
    by ncale
    November 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    Have you joined the breastfeeding group? It's a great group :-)
  • la_bella_vita
    November 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    Good luck!
  • zandizane
    November 6, 2013 at 5:59 PM
    I relactated 1 month after stopping with my last child. He was 3 months old when we began again. It wasn't easy and took a while to get him back to the breast but it was so worth it. I suggest a nipple shield and SNS if baby won't latch. Only had to use the shield a week but the SNS a few weeks until my supply built up. Gl mama
  • Schizomom91
    November 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM
    What is sns? She has no trouble latching, but gets mad when I'm empty (after about 2 minutes)

Quoting zandizane:

I relactated 1 month after stopping with my last child. He was 3 months old when we began again. It wasn't easy and took a while to get him back to the breast but it was so worth it. I suggest a nipple shield and SNS if baby won't latch. Only had to use the shield a week but the SNS a few weeks until my supply built up. Gl mama
  • jridgill
    November 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    Good luck!!
  • zandizane
    November 7, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    Supplemental nursing system. You might be able to get one from L&D or Wic office. It's a bottle with tubes you tape to your breast so baby gets a constant flow of pumped breast milk or formula while you feed from the breast

Quoting Schizomom91:

What is sns? She has no trouble latching, but gets mad when I'm empty (after about 2 minutes)

Quoting zandizane:

• divinedimension
    November 7, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Try Blessed Milk Thistle and "Mothers Milk Tea" by Traditional Medicinals. Do not confuse Blessed Milk Thistle with regular milk thistle please. It will work.