Babies

Featured Posts
Schizomom91
Relactation Bootcamp!
November 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Dd is 6 weeks old. I breastfed for the first 3 weeks and stopped because I "just don't have the time." Well now that she's on a schedule and I've figured out how to get everything done within her schedule, it seems like it would be much easier and quite frankly, I miss it!

I am still making a little breastmilk, but not near enough to feed her on, so I'm going to try re-lactation boot camp! Hopefully it works because I'd really like to have that bonding time back!

Replies

• abra
    by abra
    November 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    Best of luck to you!!
  • ncale
    by ncale
    November 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    You can do it! Good luck
  • ncale
    by ncale
    November 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    Have you joined the breastfeeding group? It's a great group :-)
  • la_bella_vita
    November 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    Good luck!
  • zandizane
    November 6, 2013 at 5:59 PM
    I relactated 1 month after stopping with my last child. He was 3 months old when we began again. It wasn't easy and took a while to get him back to the breast but it was so worth it. I suggest a nipple shield and SNS if baby won't latch. Only had to use the shield a week but the SNS a few weeks until my supply built up. Gl mama
  • Schizomom91
    November 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM
    What is sns? She has no trouble latching, but gets mad when I'm empty (after about 2 minutes)

Quoting zandizane:

I relactated 1 month after stopping with my last child. He was 3 months old when we began again. It wasn't easy and took a while to get him back to the breast but it was so worth it. I suggest a nipple shield and SNS if baby won't latch. Only had to use the shield a week but the SNS a few weeks until my supply built up. Gl mama
  • jridgill
    November 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    Good luck!!
  • zandizane
    November 7, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    Supplemental nursing system. You might be able to get one from L&D or Wic office. It's a bottle with tubes you tape to your breast so baby gets a constant flow of pumped breast milk or formula while you feed from the breast

Quoting Schizomom91:

What is sns? She has no trouble latching, but gets mad when I'm empty (after about 2 minutes)

Quoting zandizane:

• divinedimension
    November 7, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Try Blessed Milk Thistle and "Mothers Milk Tea" by Traditional Medicinals. Do not confuse Blessed Milk Thistle with regular milk thistle please. It will work. 

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts