Babies

Featured Posts
EbEAsMama
Milk Intolerance after 7 Months of Being on the Same Formula???????
July 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM

My 7 month old Anniston has been on Similac Advance since she was a week old. Is it possible that she could have built an intolerance to it? For the past few weeks she has been vomiting A LOT after every bottle, but, not after eating her baby food. Anyone else had this problem?

Replies

• slgilliam
    July 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I haven't had a problem with the vomiting specifically but my daughter was on the same Similac for a few weeks before I switched her for other reasons. I switched to the fussiness and gas. It seemed a little gentler on her stomach. Have you tried switching to another Similac formula to see how she takes it?

• EbEAsMama
    July 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM

No I haven't. I worry that I will upset her stomach more then it already is by switching formula. :(

• EbEAsMama
    July 13, 2013 at 10:52 AM

BUMP!

• mommieof38829
    July 13, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    I would worry she has developed a milk protien allergy
  • bubblemama2164
    July 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Did you change how much you are feeding her ? Have you tried to stop the baby food? she may be too full and that is the only way lo know how to make their tummies feel better . It is possible to develop allergies at any age you may need to try a soy based formula or a partialy broken protien formula which i had to do with both my ds's the first one had to go to soy they didnt have the partialy broken down milk protien back then and my 3 month old is on the partially broken down milk protien  talk to your pedi about your concerns

• jackiewal10
    July 13, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Any other symptoms?  Other than vomiting?  Like, bloody poops or anything?  Have you tried decreasing the number of oz you give her at a time, but feeding more frequently?  Big bottles can be especially hard on tummies.  Are you giving her the formula BEFORE you give her any solids?

• FarmGirl2B
    July 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    If she is on solids she may not need as much or tummy is too full.
  • EbEAsMama
    August 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM

She is on 6 ounce feedings when it is just a bottle. She is on solids. I feel like the vomitting has slowed down now. Definitely not as frequent. 

• HeatherJ501
    August 28, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    Reflux?
  • EbEAsMama
    August 29, 2013 at 9:44 AM

No not feflux. They think it was due to over feeding. She is not good at indicating when she is full not even now at 9 months old. She doesn't gag or turn away. We are working on figuring out why with doctors now. 

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts