Featured Posts
937mrsweaver
Really think about this... READ ME!!!!
July 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Self soothing...

People say "oh he/she needs to learn to self soothe" Really? So let me ask you this then, When we are crying, hurting,upset can we self soothe w/out any intervention what so ever?  Wouldnt the comfort of someone being there,going for a walk, talking about it, getting a drink of pop, listening to music what ever the case may be... wouldnt that be the only way to really "get over it"  or help you?

sitting there crying and crying till you what,? fall asleep? think of something else? is that really how you can "self soothe" your self? who does this and they feel better? So why let your child do the same? CIO or whatever the case... B/c you know there is something that helps you when you are upset you dont just sit there and keep crying feling alone abandoned etc.. and magically you have "self soothed"???? Is there some prize we get for letting our children "self soothe" How can you be ok with your child needing you/ something and you are doing nothing? teaching them to "self soothe"

CMON y'all, REALLY????

This upsets me so much, I know I cannot be the only one who feels this way!!!

Replies

• abra
    by abra
    July 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    I'm sure you're not the only one who feels that way. A lot of it is very simply a differing philosophy on life and a misunderstanding of the application, neither of which I am particularly interested in arguing about.

"Don't waste your breath on fools, for they will despise the wisest advice." -Proverbs 23:9
  • lovemymichael
    July 10, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I agree 100% period!

• alandou
    by alandou
    July 11, 2013 at 2:29 AM

and 3, 2, 1... popcorn

• mommyhonu
    July 11, 2013 at 5:16 AM
    I'll bring the wine. ;)

Quoting alandou:

and 3, 2, 1... popcorn

• Mandamom1
    July 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Everyone does things the way they want to with their child. You have your way, they have theirs. To each is own. Why judge what others choose to do? 

• tuckermum
    July 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    I agree
  • twogirl91
    July 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM

lol....

• harajukumoma
    July 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    Their kid, their choice. Period
  • Zazayam
    by Zazayam
    July 11, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Their kid, their choice. But that's part of why we don't do CIO either.

• 937mrsweaver
    July 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM

No one is judging anything. It was a simple statement made, I was curious to see what others thought... Instead of accusing me of judging others how about actually replying with a response as to what the question/statement was about in the first place... HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT IT? WHAT IS YOUR STANCE ON "SELF SOOTHING"

Thats the only thing I hate about CM, No one can say anything w/out someone being like "oh who cares" "stop judging" etc etc..

Quoting Mandamom1:

Everyone does things the way they want to with their child. You have your way, they have theirs. To each is own. Why judge what others choose to do? 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts