Babies

Featured Posts
---terrah---
Who do you allow to watch your baby...
May 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM

DH and I have two boys. We are very rarely separated from them but on the occasion that we need a babysitter, we only ask immediate family. Basically, my sister or both sets of grandparents. Because we trust them completely.

Recently, people have been giving me a lot of  grief because I don't want to put my 1 year old in the church nursery. I may be odd and overprotective but I truly don't like my baby being cared for by people that I don't know all that well. It's just a little out of my comfort zone.

But since people keep commenting about my not trusting church nursery workers, it got me thinking...am I abnormally overprotective?

So I'm just wondering, who do you allow to watch your baby? Are you comfortable letting someone watch your LO when you don't know them that well?

Replies

• larissalarie
    May 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    I don't think you sound overprotective. Who cares what people say?
    I wouldn't leave my baby with people I didn't know, even if it was church.
    Currently, I live 12 hours away from my immediate family. If they lived closer, they would watch my kids, but they don't. As it is, only my husband, my teenage daughter, or I watch the little ones.
  • bebe_ju-rah
    May 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM
    His sitter and my sil
  • smack05
    by smack05
    May 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM
    The 5 yr old goes to pre school 3 days a week other than that my mom or otherwise grandma my 3 yrold stays with my mom while I work or if
    We need a night out she keeps them both
  • expectantmom81
    May 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    Close family and daycare
  • CelestialSong
    May 18, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I'm the same way. If we need someone to watch our daughter, it's either my grandma or my sisters/dad/brother (kind of hard to explain but when I ask one of my sisters it ends up being a group effort, lol). I wouldn't want to leave her with someone I didn't know or trust.

• squeakers2
    May 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM
    Close family only. My mom, sister, my grandmother, maybe a certain aunt in an absolute pinch. DF's mom, his brother, his sister if absolutely needed. My kids have never been in daycare. It was never an option for us.
  • Mom2Just1
    May 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM

My in laws only. I completely trust them.  Even though my kids as babies do not go anywhere without me because of breastfeeding.

• jwkaye
    by jwkaye
    May 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM
    I am the same way. You are so very normal :-)
  • lauratupper
    May 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM

my mom is the only person who babysits my ds 

• kaylaybaby666
    May 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    No. Only my parents or neighbor watches my baby

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to