Babies

Featured Posts
---terrah---
Who do you allow to watch your baby...
May 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM

DH and I have two boys. We are very rarely separated from them but on the occasion that we need a babysitter, we only ask immediate family. Basically, my sister or both sets of grandparents. Because we trust them completely.

Recently, people have been giving me a lot of  grief because I don't want to put my 1 year old in the church nursery. I may be odd and overprotective but I truly don't like my baby being cared for by people that I don't know all that well. It's just a little out of my comfort zone.

But since people keep commenting about my not trusting church nursery workers, it got me thinking...am I abnormally overprotective?

So I'm just wondering, who do you allow to watch your baby? Are you comfortable letting someone watch your LO when you don't know them that well?

Replies

• larissalarie
    May 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    I don't think you sound overprotective. Who cares what people say?
    I wouldn't leave my baby with people I didn't know, even if it was church.
    Currently, I live 12 hours away from my immediate family. If they lived closer, they would watch my kids, but they don't. As it is, only my husband, my teenage daughter, or I watch the little ones.
  • bebe_ju-rah
    May 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM
    His sitter and my sil
  • smack05
    by smack05
    May 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM
    The 5 yr old goes to pre school 3 days a week other than that my mom or otherwise grandma my 3 yrold stays with my mom while I work or if
    We need a night out she keeps them both
  • expectantmom81
    May 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    Close family and daycare
  • CelestialSong
    May 18, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I'm the same way. If we need someone to watch our daughter, it's either my grandma or my sisters/dad/brother (kind of hard to explain but when I ask one of my sisters it ends up being a group effort, lol). I wouldn't want to leave her with someone I didn't know or trust.

• squeakers2
    May 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM
    Close family only. My mom, sister, my grandmother, maybe a certain aunt in an absolute pinch. DF's mom, his brother, his sister if absolutely needed. My kids have never been in daycare. It was never an option for us.
  • Mom2Just1
    May 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM

My in laws only. I completely trust them.  Even though my kids as babies do not go anywhere without me because of breastfeeding.

• jwkaye
    by jwkaye
    May 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM
    I am the same way. You are so very normal :-)
  • lauratupper
    May 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM

my mom is the only person who babysits my ds 

• kaylaybaby666
    May 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    No. Only my parents or neighbor watches my baby

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts