Babies

Featured Posts
Bally86
Advice Needed: Has anyone ever made homemade rice milk formula or any...
by Bally86
April 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Has anyone ever made homemade rice milk formula (or any kind of homemade formula) for their baby? I am thinking of doing this because the commercial formulas are so bad for baby. Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• larissalarie
    April 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    I would never feed rice milk to anyone, let alone an infant. There's zero nutrition to rice milk, it's basically sugar water.

Good luck! I would definitely be questioning any medical advice before I just quit breastfeeding, especially with a dairy allergic child. Doctors aren't trained in human lactation, and the majority fail to acknowledge their ignorance in this area and continue to dispense untrue breastfeeding advice.
  • Bally86
    by Bally86
    April 28, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I guess i should have been more clear in my question... i have been reading a lot and dont want to harm my child which is why i am asking about homemade formula.... this is a new option to me and i am trying to learn about it.
    I wish i could just breast feed but due to previous surgeries on my breasts ( not implants ) i have a lot of scar tissue which has causes a lot of supply and feeding issues. I have been working hard for 5 1/2 months now and consulting continuously w a wonderful lactation consultant. Sadly i wont be able to nurse after this surgery .... i have asked more than just the surgeon. I am trying to find the healthiest alternative to breast feeding
  • Baby_Avas_Momma
    April 28, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    I would seek donor milk. Rice milk formula would in no way have enough nutrients to sustain a baby. Sorry mama. :(

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN