Babies

Featured Posts
Bally86
Advice Needed: Has anyone ever made homemade rice milk formula or any...
by Bally86
April 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Has anyone ever made homemade rice milk formula (or any kind of homemade formula) for their baby? I am thinking of doing this because the commercial formulas are so bad for baby. Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• larissalarie
    April 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    I would never feed rice milk to anyone, let alone an infant. There's zero nutrition to rice milk, it's basically sugar water.

Good luck! I would definitely be questioning any medical advice before I just quit breastfeeding, especially with a dairy allergic child. Doctors aren't trained in human lactation, and the majority fail to acknowledge their ignorance in this area and continue to dispense untrue breastfeeding advice.
  • Bally86
    by Bally86
    April 28, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I guess i should have been more clear in my question... i have been reading a lot and dont want to harm my child which is why i am asking about homemade formula.... this is a new option to me and i am trying to learn about it.
    I wish i could just breast feed but due to previous surgeries on my breasts ( not implants ) i have a lot of scar tissue which has causes a lot of supply and feeding issues. I have been working hard for 5 1/2 months now and consulting continuously w a wonderful lactation consultant. Sadly i wont be able to nurse after this surgery .... i have asked more than just the surgeon. I am trying to find the healthiest alternative to breast feeding
  • Baby_Avas_Momma
    April 28, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    I would seek donor milk. Rice milk formula would in no way have enough nutrients to sustain a baby. Sorry mama. :(

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts