Babies

Featured Posts
abigailsmommy11
How long did you...
April 23, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Breastfeed? :)

Lets make this a fun post! Feel free to post your cutest breastfeeding/bottle feeding pictures and share your experience!

How long did you breastfeed your last child?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 14% - Not a drop
  2. 18% - 1-6 weeks
  3. 7% - 1-3 months
  4. 7% - 4-6 months
  5. 2% - 7-9 months
  6. 4% - 10-12 months
  7. 11% - 13-15 months
  8. 4% - 16-18 months
  9. 13% - 19-23 months
  10. 14% - 2+ years (specified in comments)

Replies

• YzmaRocks
    April 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    Wow, look at all the mommies that made it past two years! That is awesome!
  • abigailsmommy11
    April 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM

It was very scary, I was so not ready. But I had preeclamsia and the doctor insisted. Hoping I get to carry the next one to term :)

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Wow, 3 weeks early? That would be scary.

That's great how determined you were to put her to the breast!

Quoting abigailsmommy11:

I agree. I was induced 3 weeks early and when my milk didn't come in within 24 hours they told me that I needed to give her formula. I said that I would not give her a bottle because I planned on breastfeeding. They were annoyed but they got me a little tube and taught me to put one end in the formula and the other next to my breast. I had to position it just right for her suction to make the formula go through the tube, but I managed to feed her like that for 3 days until my milk came in. She never had formula again :)

Now that I've read up on it even more, it's completely normal for milk to take 1-5 days to come in. But I'm glad that I did the formula, otherwise I would've been stuck in the hospital even longer, waiting for her jaundice to go away.

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

I think it's such a big deal that so many women try to breastfeed and are unable to.

It says A LOT about the advice they're being given.

Everytime I hear a, "I just didn't produce enough," or, "It took too long for my milk to come in" it just makes me cringe.

• Blue_Spiral
    April 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM

My son was 2 and a half weeks LATE and everyone was telling me my baby was going to die, etc.

The morning labor started, I was panicking and called his pediatrician / midwife for a NST (before contractions started), but then he was born that night :)

Quoting abigailsmommy11:

It was very scary, I was so not ready. But I had preeclamsia and the doctor insisted. Hoping I get to carry the next one to term :)

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Wow, 3 weeks early? That would be scary.

That's great how determined you were to put her to the breast!

Quoting abigailsmommy11:

I agree. I was induced 3 weeks early and when my milk didn't come in within 24 hours they told me that I needed to give her formula. I said that I would not give her a bottle because I planned on breastfeeding. They were annoyed but they got me a little tube and taught me to put one end in the formula and the other next to my breast. I had to position it just right for her suction to make the formula go through the tube, but I managed to feed her like that for 3 days until my milk came in. She never had formula again :)

Now that I've read up on it even more, it's completely normal for milk to take 1-5 days to come in. But I'm glad that I did the formula, otherwise I would've been stuck in the hospital even longer, waiting for her jaundice to go away.

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

I think it's such a big deal that so many women try to breastfeed and are unable to.

It says A LOT about the advice they're being given.

Everytime I hear a, "I just didn't produce enough," or, "It took too long for my milk to come in" it just makes me cringe.

• June3May4June3
    April 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM

My ds has never been breastfed. This is a pic of him at a few weeks old (he is almost 11 months old now).

• Blue_Spiral
    April 25, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Oh, and here is a pic (since you asked for pics lol) that is my favorite. He looks like he's "hooraying" for nu-nu lol (he calls it nu-nu!)

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN