abigailsmommy11
How long did you...
April 23, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Breastfeed? :)

Lets make this a fun post! Feel free to post your cutest breastfeeding/bottle feeding pictures and share your experience!

How long did you breastfeed your last child?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 14% - Not a drop
  2. 18% - 1-6 weeks
  3. 7% - 1-3 months
  4. 7% - 4-6 months
  5. 2% - 7-9 months
  6. 4% - 10-12 months
  7. 11% - 13-15 months
  8. 4% - 16-18 months
  9. 13% - 19-23 months
  10. 14% - 2+ years (specified in comments)

Replies

• YzmaRocks
    April 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    Wow, look at all the mommies that made it past two years! That is awesome!
  • abigailsmommy11
    April 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM

It was very scary, I was so not ready. But I had preeclamsia and the doctor insisted. Hoping I get to carry the next one to term :)

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Wow, 3 weeks early? That would be scary.

That's great how determined you were to put her to the breast!

Quoting abigailsmommy11:

I agree. I was induced 3 weeks early and when my milk didn't come in within 24 hours they told me that I needed to give her formula. I said that I would not give her a bottle because I planned on breastfeeding. They were annoyed but they got me a little tube and taught me to put one end in the formula and the other next to my breast. I had to position it just right for her suction to make the formula go through the tube, but I managed to feed her like that for 3 days until my milk came in. She never had formula again :)

Now that I've read up on it even more, it's completely normal for milk to take 1-5 days to come in. But I'm glad that I did the formula, otherwise I would've been stuck in the hospital even longer, waiting for her jaundice to go away.

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

I think it's such a big deal that so many women try to breastfeed and are unable to.

It says A LOT about the advice they're being given.

Everytime I hear a, "I just didn't produce enough," or, "It took too long for my milk to come in" it just makes me cringe.

• Blue_Spiral
    April 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM

My son was 2 and a half weeks LATE and everyone was telling me my baby was going to die, etc.

The morning labor started, I was panicking and called his pediatrician / midwife for a NST (before contractions started), but then he was born that night :)

Quoting abigailsmommy11:

It was very scary, I was so not ready. But I had preeclamsia and the doctor insisted. Hoping I get to carry the next one to term :)

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Wow, 3 weeks early? That would be scary.

That's great how determined you were to put her to the breast!

Quoting abigailsmommy11:

I agree. I was induced 3 weeks early and when my milk didn't come in within 24 hours they told me that I needed to give her formula. I said that I would not give her a bottle because I planned on breastfeeding. They were annoyed but they got me a little tube and taught me to put one end in the formula and the other next to my breast. I had to position it just right for her suction to make the formula go through the tube, but I managed to feed her like that for 3 days until my milk came in. She never had formula again :)

Now that I've read up on it even more, it's completely normal for milk to take 1-5 days to come in. But I'm glad that I did the formula, otherwise I would've been stuck in the hospital even longer, waiting for her jaundice to go away.

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

I think it's such a big deal that so many women try to breastfeed and are unable to.

It says A LOT about the advice they're being given.

Everytime I hear a, "I just didn't produce enough," or, "It took too long for my milk to come in" it just makes me cringe.

• June3May4June3
    April 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM

My ds has never been breastfed. This is a pic of him at a few weeks old (he is almost 11 months old now).

• Blue_Spiral
    April 25, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Oh, and here is a pic (since you asked for pics lol) that is my favorite. He looks like he's "hooraying" for nu-nu lol (he calls it nu-nu!)