Featured Posts
briebaby123
HELP! My baby is up every 2 hours!
April 22, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Please NO bashing or telling us to let her CIO

She is 6 months old and sleeps with us. 
We've tried  CIO a few times, it just makes her angrier and us more tired having to listen to it and HATE it. I've been able to move her to the bed beside us a few times, but she's still up every 2 hours! I freaking hate it!
She's breastfed, and she still eats every two hours. All day and night...every day and night.

Is there a reason!? Can I change this!?
She used to go 3-4 hours, but it seriously has been every 2 for weeks now!! I'm going bonkers!!

She wakes up all happy and refreshed while I suffer and am exhausted every day.....I don't want to quit breastfeeding, I don't want to make her cry in order for me to be able to get more sleep, I just want us to have a peaceful night!

Replies

• junebaby11
    April 22, 2013 at 4:57 AM
    Shes probably going through a growth spurt
  • mommylove3613
    April 22, 2013 at 5:02 AM
    Rice cereal. it fills them up, and keeps them full longer.
  • littlemonaghan
    April 22, 2013 at 5:07 AM
    No. Just no.

Op she is probably going through a growth spurt. I know it's hard but just tough it out and know that she is waking to nurse because she needs to not because she feels like tormenting you...even though I swear it feels that way.
    This stage will pass just tough it out and trust that her body and yours know exactly what they are doing :)

Go to the breast feeding group for support as well. Don't turn to rice cereal that is void of nutritional value. She needs the milk

Quoting mommylove3613:

• thePBandJmom
    April 22, 2013 at 5:09 AM

At 6 months I would start offering her food.

• rugayah
    by rugayah
    April 22, 2013 at 5:10 AM
    Same problem here my 6month old don't even wanna sleep during the day,she sleeps half hour naps during the day!!!!!!! And even then its a fight she 1st has to scream cry be4 she is ready to drink and fall asleep. But she has been a bad sleeper since birth.
  • mommylove3613
    April 22, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    I breastfeed and do rice cereal at times and it helps. I wouldn't at all stop breastfeeding but try cereal after she takes her normal oz. My girl sleeps 8+ hrs with milk and then cereal.
  • jhslove
    by jhslove
    April 22, 2013 at 5:40 AM

Yup. We started my daughter on solids at 6 months. Even so, you're going to start so slowly that it won't make a huge difference at first, in terms of her nutrition and satiation level. But solid food will help.

Also, when you say you "tried CIO", what does that mean exactly? Can you tell a little about what you did, when, how long you tried it, etc?

Finally, does she have a bedtime routine? If so, what is it?

Quoting thePBandJmom:

At 6 months I would start offering her food.

• jhslove
    by jhslove
    April 22, 2013 at 5:44 AM

In your OP, you used the terms "I hate it", "I'm going bonkers" and "I suffer and am exhausted every day". It sounds like your lack of sleep is taking a serious toll on your physical and emotional well-being, which absolutely WILL (if it hasn't already) start to affect your ability to be a good mom.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with recognizing that YOU need to sleep. Moms who prioritize their own physical well-being are often bashed for being selfish, but the simple fact is that not only do you deserve to get the rest you need, but you'll be a better mother if you're taking care of yourself. If you're exhausted, run-down and resentful all the time, and I can certainly see how you would be after SIX MONTHS of a newborn-like schedule, that's not good for you or your baby.

Quoting briebaby123:

Please NO bashing or telling us to let her CIO

She is 6 months old and sleeps with us. 
    We've tried  CIO a few times, it just makes her angrier and us more tired having to listen to it and HATE it. I've been able to move her to the bed beside us a few times, but she's still up every 2 hours! I freaking hate it!
    She's breastfed, and she still eats every two hours. All day and night...every day and night.

Is there a reason!? Can I change this!?
    She used to go 3-4 hours, but it seriously has been every 2 for weeks now!! I'm going bonkers!!

She wakes up all happy and refreshed while I suffer and am exhausted every day.....I don't want to quit breastfeeding, I don't want to make her cry in order for me to be able to get more sleep, I just want us to have a peaceful night!

• Nolanzo
    by Nolanzo
    April 22, 2013 at 5:53 AM
    Oh no no no

Quoting mommylove3613:

• littlecheifsmom
    April 22, 2013 at 6:09 AM
    Normal growth spurt time! 6 months was the hardest time with my boys. Just keep nursing in demand lots of cuddles. Those cereals will interfere with natural iron absorption. You could offer her a little soilds after nursing. We start with avocado. Hang in there this to shall pass.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts