Babies

mahogany_mum
How do I use the toilet on a plane when traveling with an infant alone?
April 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM

There's no space in those tiny toilets so I'm confused about how to use it and have a baby in there too.

This is a long-haul flight!

Replies

• rangerwife2
    April 3, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Sling! It has been my saving grace every time I have traveled with our kids..alone or not!

• jhslove
    by jhslove
    April 3, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Once I wore her in a sling, and then another time I was sitting next to this really nice older lady and she agreed to watch her for a minute while I went to the restroom.

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Wear baby, let the flight. Attendant hold him or a nice passager. Lots of people are willing to cuddle your baby for a min

• IndigoOwl
    April 3, 2013 at 7:11 AM
    I travel frequently with my 9 yr old, 3 yr old, and 2 yr old and have since they were babies. You DON'T pee. Or you keep the baby in a carrier. I always had a baby in the ergo when they were infants.
  • AnnLanders
    April 3, 2013 at 7:21 AM

An Ergo carrier is your best friend traveling alone with a baby.  For a number of reasons, not the least of which is going to the bathroom.  I used an Ergo when she was small and switched to a Kelty when she got older.  Even with the Kelty I could stand her up outside the door and pee fast. Always make sure someone close by is aware so they can grab her if you hit a bump. 

• Kimberlynn
    April 3, 2013 at 7:22 AM
    I always asked a Flight Attendant for help. She/he would either hold my child, if he was awake, or sit next to him if he was sleeping in his carseat.

Quoting mahogany_mum:

I'll be traveling long-haul so I don't think that's healthy for my bladder, but I will certainly not drink too much. Maybe one sip each hour ;)

Quoting TabM:

I would go in the airport before hand and not drink anything til I got to my destination lol I can't imagine trying to do that

• mjrex87
    by mjrex87
    April 3, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Babywear.

• iamcafemom83
    April 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    Personally I am not shy about asking the flight attendant for help. Just takes a minute to pee.
  • ele2837
    by ele2837
    April 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    I just held her. It was a pain but it was manageable
  • IansMommy2012
    April 3, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    I just had this whole what I'd they run off scenario go through my head and then I was like wait its an air plane she can't go far lol

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Wear baby, let the flight. Attendant hold him or a nice passager. Lots of people are willing to cuddle your baby for a min
  • IansMommy2012
    April 3, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    I just had this whole what I'd they run off scenario go through my head and then I was like wait its an air plane she can't go far lol

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts