Babies

Featured Posts
mahogany_mum
How do I use the toilet on a plane when traveling with an infant alone?
April 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM

There's no space in those tiny toilets so I'm confused about how to use it and have a baby in there too.

This is a long-haul flight!

Replies

• rangerwife2
    April 3, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Sling! It has been my saving grace every time I have traveled with our kids..alone or not!

• jhslove
    by jhslove
    April 3, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Once I wore her in a sling, and then another time I was sitting next to this really nice older lady and she agreed to watch her for a minute while I went to the restroom.

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Wear baby, let the flight. Attendant hold him or a nice passager. Lots of people are willing to cuddle your baby for a min

• IndigoOwl
    April 3, 2013 at 7:11 AM
    I travel frequently with my 9 yr old, 3 yr old, and 2 yr old and have since they were babies. You DON'T pee. Or you keep the baby in a carrier. I always had a baby in the ergo when they were infants.
  • AnnLanders
    April 3, 2013 at 7:21 AM

An Ergo carrier is your best friend traveling alone with a baby.  For a number of reasons, not the least of which is going to the bathroom.  I used an Ergo when she was small and switched to a Kelty when she got older.  Even with the Kelty I could stand her up outside the door and pee fast. Always make sure someone close by is aware so they can grab her if you hit a bump. 

• Kimberlynn
    April 3, 2013 at 7:22 AM
    I always asked a Flight Attendant for help. She/he would either hold my child, if he was awake, or sit next to him if he was sleeping in his carseat.

Quoting mahogany_mum:

I'll be traveling long-haul so I don't think that's healthy for my bladder, but I will certainly not drink too much. Maybe one sip each hour ;)

Quoting TabM:

I would go in the airport before hand and not drink anything til I got to my destination lol I can't imagine trying to do that

• mjrex87
    by mjrex87
    April 3, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Babywear.

• iamcafemom83
    April 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    Personally I am not shy about asking the flight attendant for help. Just takes a minute to pee.
  • ele2837
    by ele2837
    April 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    I just held her. It was a pain but it was manageable
  • IansMommy2012
    April 3, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    I just had this whole what I'd they run off scenario go through my head and then I was like wait its an air plane she can't go far lol

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Wear baby, let the flight. Attendant hold him or a nice passager. Lots of people are willing to cuddle your baby for a min
  • IansMommy2012
    April 3, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    I just had this whole what I'd they run off scenario go through my head and then I was like wait its an air plane she can't go far lol

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN