Babies

Featured Posts
mahogany_mum
How do I use the toilet on a plane when traveling with an infant alone?
April 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM

There's no space in those tiny toilets so I'm confused about how to use it and have a baby in there too.

This is a long-haul flight!

Replies

• Leah3333
    April 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I set my son on my sink area with one hand on him at all times and peed faster then ever before

• TabM
    by TabM
    April 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I would go in the airport before hand and not drink anything til I got to my destination lol I can't imagine trying to do that

• Peachy34500
    April 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    Same here.. I just wouldn't go..

Quoting TabM:

I would go in the airport before hand and not drink anything til I got to my destination lol I can't imagine trying to do that

• abra
    by abra
    April 2, 2013 at 3:29 PM

This. There were couple time that didn't work out for me, though, I waited until the stewardess wasn't busy and asked if she minded holding baby for a second right outside the door. 

Quoting TabM:

• bellableu87
    April 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    I would purchase one of those baby carries that strap to ur chest and just pee with him. In that situation I wouldn't be shy to ask a flight attendent or even someone who is sitting close to the bathroom to hold my baby. Its not like they can run off with him...but that's just me! Either I'd pee super fast
  • la_bella_vita
    April 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Wow, I'm not sure what I would do either. Amazingly, I've never had to pee on an airplane. So I have no experience with bathrooms on the airplane.

• jackiewal10
    April 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Buy a wrap or a sling and wear your baby.

• CjEmmemommy
    April 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    Wear baby, let the flight. Attendant hold him or a nice passager. Lots of people are willing to cuddle your baby for a min
  • polkaspots
    April 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    If you leave your jacket and only bring baby to the bathroom with you, you can hold baby and pee. I haven't gone on a plane yet, but I had to bring my son into the bathroom with me almost every time for the first few months because I couldn't leave the two kids alone together. Hold the baby with your non dominant hand and get the toilet paper in your hand before you start peeing. It's a pain in the ass, but it works. I couldn't use the baby carriers when I went to the bathroom because even as a newborn his feet would have gotten pissed on. If you can wear baby sideways (like a cradle hold) then that would work and be easier than holding the baby.
  • mahogany_mum
    April 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I'll be traveling long-haul so I don't think that's healthy for my bladder, but I will certainly not drink too much. Maybe one sip each hour ;)

Quoting TabM:

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts