Babies

Featured Posts
Mommy2OWL
Sleep
March 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM

How do you get your baby to sleep for naps and at night?

My son is 9 months and I've been allowing him to sleep in my arms before I lay him down for naps. If I don't let him fall asleep he cries when I put him down. He's fine at night though. I want to get him to sleep at naptime without having to rock him to sleep each time, but I can't let him cry it out.

Replies

• la_bella_vita
    March 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I just laid my kids down when they seem tired

• abra
    by abra
    March 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I put them down in their bed when they get sleepy/fussy. I practice compassionate cio for night time. 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/113812/forums/read/15376333/An_Introduction_to_Compassionate_CIO_Sleep_Training

• cabrandy03
    March 26, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Sometimes dd just lays down in bed and falls asleep but most of the time I still rock or nurse her to sleep.

• Zazayam
    by Zazayam
    March 27, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I either nurse to sleep or lay down and cuddle for a while.

• pittymama
    March 27, 2013 at 12:31 AM

she has a nap and bedtime routine and has since she was very young so luckily i've never had a major problem with this. i let her "whine it out" any time it's necessary. i wait 5 minutes, i go in and rub her back/legs and blow kisses at her and then walk out. i repeat once or twice. i keep all the lights off and distractions out of the room. If this isn't something you could try, i hope you find something that helps!

• Mandamom1
    March 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I do this

Quoting abra:

I put them down in their bed when they get sleepy/fussy. I practice compassionate cio for night time. 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/113812/forums/read/15376333/An_Introduction_to_Compassionate_CIO_Sleep_Training

• Turtledoves
    March 27, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    We cosleep. Since we started doing that we have had no problems and had no problems transitioning later.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts