Babies

teachermom2382
Advice Needed: 4 Week old baby will not sleep/very fussy!
March 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM

My 4 week old baby has acid relux and is very fussy throughout the day/night.  I feel like she is always crying. :(  While I have gotten her on medication and that has helped some with the really bad screaming/pain episodes, I have the hardest time getting her to go to sleep at night and to take naps. The only way she will sleep at night is on my chest and during the day it can sometimes take up to 2 hours to get her to take a nap! There have been days where I just gave up because I was rocking her for hours and she stayed awake for the whole, entire day. :(   I try rocking her, singing, playing music, sound machines, sleeping at an incline, the swing, and finally as a last resort I drive her around in the car so that she'll go to sleep during the day.  I asked her pediatrician for recommendations to help her sleep and she did not say anything I'm not already doing.. I just feel so bad because she cries and I'm not always sure if she is just overtired or in pain from the reflux or what.  We barely got any sleep last night (as I'm trying to get her to stay in her bassinet and in it she wakes up every half hour) and all I wanted this morning was a good nap, instead she is up fussy and crying.. nothing works! I am at my wit's end!!! Help! 

Replies

• Eliots_momma
    March 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    We propped ds' up so he was on an incline and then propped him on his side. For us the biggest issue was burping. Even after I would get him to bump there would still be some in there causing his tummy to hurt.

I cosleep though so I always got a good amount of rest but here is a bump. Maybe someone has better answers.
  • lauratupper
    March 26, 2013 at 5:13 PM

bump!

• Raeann11
    March 26, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Hugs, we see our chiropractor for reflux with our girls when they were little. My third had it the worst but a adjustment would make it better for a few weeks to a month. Till she outgrew it.

• la_bella_vita
    March 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Bump

• keera499
    March 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    Is the baby on breastfeeding or formula .If the baby is on formula discuss with your paeds regarding the change of formula and bottle.Try dr browns bottle.
  • jamiebell
    March 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM
    My dd has reflux too, she is 7 weeks today. I find she relaxes easier if I lay her on her side.

Babies