Featured Posts
alandou
Eczema lotion alternative?
by alandou
March 26, 2013 at 3:28 AM

I don't think our daughter has eczema, but she does have a few rough patches. I've tried all kinds of lotions for severe dryness, but none have cleared up the rough spots until I used Aveeno Eczema lotion. I love that brand and it worked great on her and kept the patches away, but a bottle doesn't last long and it's too expensive. Does anyone know if there is an alternative lotion that works just as well? Or any recommendations from someone who has little ones who have similar issues?

Replies

• Junebaby18
    March 26, 2013 at 3:41 AM
    No lotion suggestions, but have you looked at her diet to find out if anything is causing the excema? That is usually a sign of food allergies.
  • carmelcutie161
    March 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    Eucerin calming creme
  • pittymama
    March 26, 2013 at 11:34 AM

i use aveeno eczema cream and coconut oil mixed together. 

• Bookoholic
    March 26, 2013 at 11:49 AM
    I use the generic version of Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion for my try patches and within two uses my skin is almost cleared up. I highly recommend this.
  • JLCrunch
    March 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I'm allergic to petroleum which is a main ingrediant in most lotions. I have moderate eczema and rely on The Body Shop's line of body butters. It's pretty natural, smells great and works like a charm.

• Ashley21
    March 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    I use this on my sons eczema

Quoting carmelcutie161:

Eucerin calming creme
  • lillucky8
    March 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    A friends daughter has it and her derm said to use dove sensitive for soap and eucerin or vaseline and all free and clear for detergent
  • kss12
    by kss12
    March 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    If you're still bf use tata milk.. No joke
  • ceckyl
    by ceckyl
    March 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    Coconut oil or breast milk.
  • -BlueBell-
    March 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    Coconut oil! Fo sho!
Active Posts in All Groups