Babies

Owensmom1288
When to progress to other foods other than plain baby food...
March 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Hello. I am a first time mom and I am trying to figure out what to feed my 8 month old son and when. I have been breastfeeding him since he was born and plan to continue until he is a year old. Right now he east solids 3 times a day; breakfast is baby oatmeal with some kind of baby fruit mixed into it, lunch is baby oatmeal with baby veggies mixed into it and dinner is baby meats, half a jar of veggies and half to a whole (depending on how hungry he is) jar of fruit. Sometimes at lunch I do give him a rice cup to eat while I get his food ready and he also uses a mesh teether with either chunks of bananas or frozen blueberries and he loves it! I have also started trying to get him to use a sippy cup, not very successful yet but we keep trying, lol. Oh yeah, he does not have any teeth yet, not even a hint of one!

It may sound silly but I don't want him to get bored with meal time because he gets the same food over and over again! So I am trying to get some ideas of what I can give him at this age. What do you give your little ones (with or without any teeth)?

Thanks!

Replies

• Mom2Just1
    March 26, 2013 at 5:53 PM

We don't use baby food or any type of cereal/oatmeal.  We give baby what we're having after 6 months.  

• Bethbeth
    March 26, 2013 at 6:20 PM

they don't need teeth for most foods. they can gum pieces of meat, cheese, fruits and veggies. The sooner they are feeding themselves the better!

• la_bella_vita
    March 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I did baby food with my first 2 but with my last 2 I just gave them soft foods. My kid's have never choked or had any bad reactions.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts