Spring.Mom
What was the biggest challenge?
March 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM

When your beautiful/handsome newborn came what was your biggest challenge. 

Replies

• abra
    by abra
    March 25, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Balancing being mom with being a wife. :-)

• lauratupper
    March 25, 2013 at 10:25 PM

feeding, ds was born with a cleft palate.

• JTnJT
    by JTnJT
    March 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM

The challenges varied with each.  With my first, my biggest challenge was my own self doubt.  Could I, would I be a good mom?  Was I doing everything right?  What if I did this or that wrong?  I worried myself into a major funk. 

With my second, the challenge for me was, balancing the things that need to be attend too with a newborn, and keeping my ODD from feeling like I was neglecting her in exchange for the new baby.  Then, 8 wks after she was born, I found out I was pregnant with my son.  It was challenging towards the end, with my ever expanding belly,  being able to carry my YDD.  She was a chunk, and it was difficult there towards the end, just to pick her up.

With my son, I once again faced the challenge of doing what I needed to do for my newborn, while balancing the needs of my two girls.   I think that has been my biggest challenge, making sure everyone gets their "mama time", and just keeping track of it all.  I hold such great admiration for mothers who handle 3, 4, 5, 6, or more with out going crazy!!

• pittymama
    March 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

everything came fairly easy for us. the hardest part was adjusting to having her, my husband and my dogs all needing me at once.

• alandou
    by alandou
    March 26, 2013 at 3:10 AM

dealing with PPD

• MixedCooke
    March 26, 2013 at 3:12 AM

learning to do things one handed because I was either pumping or trying to dom something while still holding the baby.

• MixedCooke
    March 26, 2013 at 3:13 AM

potty training was the second hardest!

• Zazayam
    by Zazayam
    March 26, 2013 at 3:16 AM

With my first... Doubt. I was young and terrified, lol.

Second... Knowing I had to go back to work soon, and balancing that.

Third... Relearning everything, and feeling stupid when I ask questions about things I know I've dealt with before. I feel like a first timer all over again, 9yr break is a long time, lol.

• liss05
    by liss05
    March 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Nursing & lactose intolerant

• CelestialSong
    March 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Figuring out how to handle a super high needs baby. I had never known a baby like her before, plus I had very little experience with babies at all, and I was just so overwhelmed and bewildered. I spent many late nights on Google trying to figure out what was wrong with my baby or what I was doing wrong as a mom.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts