Babies

Featured Posts
sara1012
I am in need of some advice....please help
March 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM

My baby is 15 months old and has been crying through the night for months now. i have tried tylenol and teething tablets/ soothing bath before bed. Nothing seems to work. Even with a paci in her mouth she still will cry. I have waited a little while to see if maybe she is dreaming or will go back to sleep on her own but she only gets louder and stands up in her crib. I haven't really had an all night sleep with her since birth. I did breastfeed her up until 10 months old and I am not sure if that's whats going on. She would wake up through the night then but I would nurse her back to sleep. Its every 2 - 4 hours now and I don't know what else to do. Any advice I surely will try except crying it out. - Thanks

Replies

• lauratupper
    March 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Maybe she is still hungry at night? Do you feed her when she wakes up?

• sara1012
    March 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Yes but she cries while drinking it 

Quoting lauratupper:

Maybe she is still hungry at night? Do you feed her when she wakes up?

• la_bella_vita
    March 25, 2013 at 5:02 PM

not sure, bump

• kmr1217
    by kmr1217
    March 25, 2013 at 5:21 PM

My DD is 9 months and we had trouble getting her to sleep in her crib from birth also.  She never wanted to.  After months of her trying and crying for over an hour at a time we gave up and felt hopeless.  She just wanted to be held and then she'd go to sleep.  Our pedi recommended a sleep clinic here in St. Louis and now that she's on the plan she's sleeping in her crib and taking naps there as well.  She does still wake up at times in the middle of the night but usually will cry for 10 or 15 minutes and will fall back to sleep.  We used to feed her everytime she'd wake up at night and no longer do that.  I know the clinic does phone consultations too.  We were at our wit's ends but are very hopeful now and all sleeping so much better.  You can email me if you want the contact info.  I don't know what else could be going on...I feel bad for her if she cries while you're feeding her too at night.  That doesn't seem right so there's got to be an answer out there.

• abra
    by abra
    March 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM

It sounds like she might be in pain. Have you taken her to the dr or a holistic chiropractor?

• Ruthzaad
    March 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM
    I agree with abra that she might be in pain. What does her Dr say?
  • pittymama
    March 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM

is her mattress in her crib hard or soft? does she seem in pain during the day/during nap times? is your house a comfortable temperature at night? 

• alandou
    by alandou
    March 26, 2013 at 3:13 AM

could it be gas?

• jamiebell
    March 26, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    Did You tell her pedi what's going on? My pedi told me after 7 months old they should be sleeping through the night and if they aren't then we would look further into something possibly going on.....obviously every baby is different but by 13 months she shouldn't be crying like that anymore. Doesn't sound like a comfort thing otherwise she's take a paci or something comforting. Id talk with her Dr sounds like something more is going on.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts