Babies

NoahsMommy10412
Is my baby sick? ETA
March 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM

My son is almost 6 months old. All day yesterday he cried and slept (he did eat his food though but not the full 8 ounces like he normally does). He slept all night (7:30pm-7:00am) like he normally does. This morning he had some boogers and a coughed a couple times. He also didn't eat a full 8 ounces again. He keeps crying even when I pick him up or put him down. I'm worried that my poor baby is sick for the first time.

I can't take his temperature because his thermometer needs a new battery.

ETA: I took him to urgent care this afternoon and they sent us to the hospital where they diagnosed him with RSV. I got to watch his breathing now and if it gets worse or there's new symptoms I have to bring him back to the hospital or his doctors because it could turn into bronchiolitis, croup, or pneumonia.

Replies

• NoahsMommy10412
    March 23, 2013 at 3:05 PM

His body feels hot but not his forehead. I don't have a phone or I would call his doctor. His doctors office is closed right now but I could take him to urgent care.He doesn't seem to have diarrhea but when he does poop (2-3 times a day) lately it's been slushy.

Quoting Halobetasol:

cant you call your doctor and ask? i can call my doctor for anything. they pay someone just to answer the phones and answer questions. sounds llike baby could be teething. like other person said make sure child is not dehydrated. get some pedialyte.  does the child feel hot? diareah? call the doctor or better yet do llike i do just take your child to the doctor. they have a working thermometer.

• divinedimension
    March 23, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    If his nose seems runny and he's got a cough he could have RSV. He needs rest and more fluids. Try a humidifier, saline spray in his nose and use the bulb suction thingie A LOT
  • NoahsMommy10412
    March 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM

He sleeps all day and he eats every 5 hours leaving 1-2 ounces in an 8 ounce bottle of formula and he doesn't want anymore. The only thing I have is infant advil and the bulb syringe.

Quoting divinedimension:

If his nose seems runny and he's got a cough he could have RSV. He needs rest and more fluids. Try a humidifier, saline spray in his nose and use the bulb suction thingie A LOT

• divinedimension
    March 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    That's fine ... And also try to let the bathroom fill with steam and sit in there with him. Emi has RSV right now. She and I sit in te steam filled bathroom twice a day for twenty minutes

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

He sleeps all day and he eats every 5 hours leaving 1-2 ounces in an 8 ounce bottle of formula and he doesn't want anymore. The only thing I have is infant advil and the bulb syringe.

Quoting divinedimension:

• NoahsMommy10412
    March 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM

He's still sick. I haven't taken him anywhere yet. I tried calling the doctor yesterday but I could only call using skype for 7 minutes and I got disconnected. His grandma should be coming to get him today so I'll see if she wouldn't mind driving down to urgent care to make sure he's alright. He still has a cough and a runny nose which both are getting a little worse. I have family planning medical until October so I don't have to pay for any bills right now.

Quoting Halobetasol:

how is your baby now? has he  been to the doctor. sorry just getting back with you. i had surgery so ive been busy.  urgent care sounds like the answer to me. anything for your little love one right.  i had to apply for financial aid to get my surgery paid for. i live in texas i dont know if you can do the same at your hospital where you live. never fear a bill though. just take your baby boy to the emergency room. they should help him for gods sake hes a baby. please let me  know how it turns out.

• NoahsMommy10412
    March 26, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I just updated. I took him to urgent care which sent us to the hospital who diagnosed him with RSV. Thank you. I will see if the friend invite worked if not I'll add you.

Quoting Halobetasol:

prayer helps if all else fails pray. i will pray too.  get the grandma to bring a therometer and childrens tylenol if he does have a fever so you can get it down. if he is hot, undress him. oh and ask her to bring pedialyte. you need all three. you may be able to take him to the doctor but, you always need those three things on hand at all times k. god bless you two. please keep me updated. i did a freind invite but i dont know how to use it. i guess i knew that i was clueless when i did it. do you know how?

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts