clz0213
how do you fight cradle cap
by clz0213
February 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM
I've been brushing her hair as instructed but this morning i noticed a patch of flaky dry looking skin that I'm assuming is cradle cap. I worked at it with a brush for awhile but couldn't get it to go completely away. How do i stop it from getting worse and how do i get rid of what she already has?

Replies

• mama-smurf
    February 24, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    I stopped excessively brushing her hair which made it worse. I put lotion (somw use baby oil) on her hair and brushed it very lightly.
  • jmp1279
    by jmp1279
    February 24, 2013 at 8:11 AM

i use a little bit of baby oil on my kids.  let sit  a few minutes than wash hair and gently use a comb on it. 

• SerenityBerry
    February 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM

We brush the girls hair once a day right after bath with a little baby oill on the brush. That seems to work as a preventitive. 

To treat it, try putting a bit of petroleum jelly on the spot right after bath. (I know it seems counter intuitive to wash her than put grease on her it helps keep in the moisture though). 

• chcon
    by chcon
    February 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM

As weird as this sounds, I read about somewhere and gave it a try on my third baby, who had pretty nasty cradle cap - making a baking soda paste (water and baking soda to a paste consistency) and put it on the affected areas and let it sit a couple minutes. Then gently rinse it out and wash the hair gently. It did wonders for my son - I think I repeated it maybe three or four times over a couple weeks.

• ruggy03
    by ruggy03
    February 24, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    Olive oil.
  • tekcrkark
    February 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I out bab oil in my daughers hair et itset or about 10 min, brushed her hair ten gave her a bath then brushed again. It was gone in  a few days.    Good Luck!

• Owl_Feather
    February 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    Coconut oil! I put a small amt in and comb it all out. It comes up in clumps!
  • sissy852
    February 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    what the other ladies said.
  • sidneyb
    by sidneyb
    February 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    I also used a black light to fond the cradle cap.
    The stuff glows lol
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    February 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    Same
    Massage scalp gently with warm baby oil and comb through.

Quoting jmp1279:

i use a little bit of baby oil on my kids.  let sit  a few minutes than wash hair and gently use a comb on it. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts