granitegal
Would you be mad if your MIL took your baby for their 1st birthday pictures before you could?
February 13, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Would you be mad if your MIL took your baby for first birthday pictures the week before you were suppose get them done (and she knew when your appointment was)?

Replies

• me-n-mygirls
    February 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    LIVID!!!!
    It would be a LONG time before my child saw them.
    I am a photo person so they KNOW how much that shit upsets me!!
  • MommyOfOnee
    February 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    Yea, I would be upset. That's just rude IMO.
  • OliviaW.
    February 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Yes. It would be different if you didn't have an appointment but just to go behind your back...I'd be ticked off. But my mil sent out birthday invites to my oldest 1st bday without even letting me know and I got an invite for my own daughter's bday party.

• pinkiebabii
    February 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    Not if she paid for them. Now you have double the pics:)
    my mil doesn't have DS alone ever though.
  • momofamamasboy
    February 13, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    My ex mil did! I was so pissed and let my exdh know it! They knew that I wanted to do it and still pulled that shit.
  • AlwaysKISA
    February 13, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    No. I would just do two shoots.
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    February 13, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    I'd be pissed!!!!
    There are something's that should be a parents thing.
    She had her chance to be a mom and get all those firsts.
  • matofour
    February 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    Nope
    I would thank her and save my money.

Some things just aren't worth getting upset over
  • boppysmom2007
    February 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM
    No it would be stupid let her take her photos and pay for them u get yours done its not a big deal that's her grand kid if she wants to do something special let her don't make her feel like shit for it u will get 2 sets of amazing photos my mother inlaw bought alot of my kids first that I wanted to first tricycle and much more I know she does because she loves them like there her own u should be thank full u got a mother inlaw that wants to do stuff for her grand kids some people have no one
  • AngelicMommy_72
    February 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM
    I don't know if it was something she was doing to intentionally antagonize me I probably be mad but if it was something she Was doing just be nice maybe I wouldn't so much

Of course I love photos of my kids so the more the merrier!!

I just keep thinking of that 1 episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Marie was take the boys for haircuts and told Debra in such a snotty and rude way