Babies

Featured Posts
Amberleigh81
Exasperated, embarrassed and frustrated... updated...
February 13, 2013 at 1:18 PM
...with taking my toddler out to lunch today. I went out with 6 friends and 5 babies (10 months - 22 months) and had to get my lunch bagged and leave! My son was screaming and running around and basically wanting to play ANYWHERE but in his high chair. It was so embarrassing. All of the other kids were acting like perfect little lunch angels, too, so I felt like I looked like the "bad mom".

Do you ever feel like "Why MY kid?" when you go out?

*Update* One of my "mommy" friends called after lunch and invited me over to her house after she got home. My son and her son ran around and played, and she and I got some "quality" mom time together, talking and enjoying ourselves! There was even a glass of Malbec involved... my son enjoyed his playdate and I know I have a true friend! :)

Replies

• angela.bouchard
    February 14, 2013 at 2:50 AM

This is my son most times we go out to eat. 

• cali_angel_girl
    Amy
    February 14, 2013 at 2:51 AM

My dd is almost 4 so we really don't have any issues with her ds is usually pretty good when we go out to eat.

• Amberleigh81
    February 14, 2013 at 5:39 PM
    This was me yesterday. Normally my son is so even-keeled, but he just wanted to play yesterday, and the high chair became "lava" to him!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

My kid's are normally well behaved but one time my son was acting up at playgroup and I cried in the car.

• SuperMom2433
    February 14, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    This is pretty much the same here. I've never dealt with huge tantrums in public.

Quoting abra:

I don't take my kids out when they are going through that stuff. We practice at home. 

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts