sunfire79
We are staying sick at my house!!!
February 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM

This cold and flu season has been horrible for my household!  My daughter has had the flu, my husband and I have had a cold/sinus infection twice, an my son has had two ear infections and upper respiratory infections.  All since Christmas.  Anyone else staying sick all the time?

Replies

• sissyboogs
    February 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Gotta get those germs out of the house. 

I'm not usually the type to go crazy with disinfecting. I generally believe that germs are good for us--they help build a stronger immune system....BUT, after the flu went through my house twice, then I had bronchitis and laryngitis--I decided enough was enough. I cleaned and disinfected my whole house. We haven't been sick since...and hopefully it stays that way. 

• Turtledoves
    February 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM
    We have been lucky, but we've been very careful of avoiding places that have a lot of germs and dont go anywhere we dont need to. Cant wait until flu season is over!
  • abra
    by abra
    February 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    Aww, I am sorry! Last year was like that for us when my oldest started kindergarten. Thankfully, our immune systems were strengthened and it has been better this year.
  • abra
    by abra
    February 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    Aww, I am sorry! Last year was like that for us when my oldest started kindergarten. Thankfully, our immune systems were strengthened and it has been better this year.
  • USD2012
    by USD2012
    February 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Just got over... me and DH had them twice and managed to control germs before it got DS second time.... I did sanitise the switch bords, door handles twice a day. As we co-sleep I kept on changing bedding every day to stop germs spredding... got luky and managed to get them out the house...

Wish you and family a speedy recovery.

• robibuni
    February 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Where are you located?

If it's warm enough (I ask, since we're in Texas and it IS warm enough here), you should try opening up the windows and getting some fresh air in the house! It'll definitely help!! Also, have you changed the air filter in your unit? It helps! And try dusting a bit more!!

Then, the obvious with Lysol :)

• Marimaru
    February 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM

We've been sick for about a month now.  A stomach bug, the flu, and a number of colds.  We all have this kind of leftover cough now that I really want to break up.

• rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    February 13, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Us too!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh my goodness!  I have missed so much church and other stuff its unbelievable!  I don't know when it will ever end :( I try to get some sunshine and fresh air when we can even if its a lil chilly!

I'm so sorry for your family......I hope you guys can get a break soon.....

• renae87
    by renae87
    February 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM

At the ending of last year dh brought home a flu like virus,I became sick and my ss7got itchy throat but luckily ds 9mths didn't get sick even though we cuddled majority of the nights. I told dh that next time leave it at the front door.lol I was a mess.Hope you get well soon.

• angela.bouchard
    February 14, 2013 at 1:57 AM

We've been really lucky this year, but the last two years we had back to back flu/colds :/ Hang in there!!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts