Babies

Featured Posts
mommylove818
umbilical cord
February 13, 2013 at 1:35 AM
My baby is 2 weeks old and his umbilical cord hasn't fallen off yet but i have a question I was told not to clean it and to leave it alone by the doctor I noticed that it looks like Its peeling by the belly button and dry blood is that normal ? My dd is 4yrs old and believe It or not I dont remember how It was when she was a new born. Any answers or websites help thanks

Replies

• crumpy_gat
    February 13, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Yep totally normal.  It took 15 days for ds to lose  his, and there was dried blood also after the doctor messed with it.  Then a couple days after that, it was gone.

• mrs.pina
    February 13, 2013 at 1:47 AM
    I guess alot of doctors are different than . My doc told me to wipe my dd's cord with alcohol wipes smh. But i guess it's normal
  • babid14
    by babid14
    February 13, 2013 at 1:47 AM
    Yeah thats normal. Itll fall out when ready. I was so scared when my son's came off because he was laying on me and when i lifted him up it was gone. It got ripped off after 4 or 5 days
  • rwebb11
    by rwebb11
    February 13, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    That is perfectly normal. My sons didn't fall off for 3 weeks and the doctor wasn't concerned at all. The dried blood is normal, whenever it does fall off just clean it with a wet wash cloth to get the blood off.
  • erikays
    by erikays
    February 13, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    Totally normal! My oldest fell off around 2.5 weeks.
  • crystalplus1
    February 13, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Yeah, thats normal. What you have to look out for is a bad smell from it. My sons fell off at about 16 days. Not sure where it went.....but i have a feeling the dog ate it.

• KylersMom8-16-7
    February 13, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    Yes its normal, if it smells, looks extremely inflamed, or has pus drainage then worry. It can take 3 weeks to fall off. It may bleed when it does and can take time to heal after. My youngest sons fell off at 1 week and took a week to heal up after. I'm pretty sure it fell off too soon.
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    February 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    Same here!
    It's normal but mine told me to clean around it with a q tip and alcohol.

Quoting mrs.pina:

I guess alot of doctors are different than . My doc told me to wipe my dd's cord with alcohol wipes smh. But i guess it's normal
  • bebe_ju-rah
    February 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    I cleaned ds's with alcohol every other changing and after a bath. His fell off at 3 weeks and 1 day after it had been hanging by a thread for 2 days (eww)!
  • Raeann11
    February 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Some take longer then others. I have know a few. It took up to 6 weeks. But 2 weeks is normal.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN