Nolanzo
How many bottles?
by Nolanzo
February 12, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Goodness...

Starting all over 15 years later and amazed at how much I've forgotten and just how much baby equipment has evolved!

I'm on amazon ordering glass bottles and realized I have no idea how many would be good to start with for a newborn... I don't mind doing dishes and sterilizing multiple times per day, I'll be staying home :)

And I'm exclusively pumping, so she'll be eating breast milk, I'm assuming every 2 hours or so in the beginning, so.....10 or so? If I want to get away with doing dishes once a day?

How many did you find was a good number without running out before you know it and being a slave to the sink lol

Replies

• angela.bouchard
    February 12, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I'm not sure about with only doing dishes once a day lol I exclusively pumped for my son when he was a newborn and I rotated about every 3-4 bottles I would go wash and sterilize them all.

• rwebb11
    by rwebb11
    February 12, 2013 at 7:12 AM
    I currently have 8 bottles and I only do dishes once a day. He is a little older now, but I think 8-10 is the perfect number.
  • jeniprice
    February 12, 2013 at 7:21 AM
    We had 14 bottles and washed every day/ every other day.
  • Salem2012
    February 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I got 12 bottles....it was perfect for every 3 hours. 

• Nolanzo
    by Nolanzo
    February 12, 2013 at 1:49 PM
    Thank you all :)
  • bebe_ju-rah
    February 12, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    Why don't you plan to bf? Just curious...pumping seems like a lot of work!
  • Nolanzo
    by Nolanzo
    February 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM
    :) I wish I could. I have a blood-borne illness that makes a cracked nipple dangerous... And when I bf'ed my son my nipples bled constantly but I did not have the disease back then :)

So, after exhaustive research and a meeting with her ped and my lc, it has been decided this is the safest option for us :)

Luckily, I am a human of the bovine persuasion and I respond very well to a pump... It IS a heck of a lot more work than just bfig directly but I feel as though its worth it :)

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

• newmom121812
    February 12, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    If they eat every 2 hours 12
  • Nolanzo
    by Nolanzo
    February 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    Ok so my next question is... Does anyone use glass and if so what kind are your favorite? I really steer away from anything plastic and I would like to do stainless steel ideally, but they are prohibitively expensive at 15$ a pop.

So...? The new Avent glass wide-mouths look good but are 10$ a piece as well (sheesh!) I have had good luck with Born Free in the past. Also has anyone tried the Green Sprouts?

TIA
  • pinkiebabii
    February 12, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    Your nipples are more likely to crack pumping than if you nursed, unless she is born with a tongue tie, and you can have that clipped in the hospital before you leave.

Quoting Nolanzo:

:) I wish I could. I have a blood-borne illness that makes a cracked nipple dangerous... And when I bf'ed my son my nipples bled constantly but I did not have the disease back then :)

So, after exhaustive research and a meeting with her ped and my lc, it has been decided this is the safest option for us :)

Luckily, I am a human of the bovine persuasion and I respond very well to a pump... It IS a heck of a lot more work than just bfig directly but I feel as though its worth it :)

Quoting bebe_ju-rah: