Babies

Featured Posts
Nolanzo
How many bottles?
by Nolanzo
February 12, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Goodness...

Starting all over 15 years later and amazed at how much I've forgotten and just how much baby equipment has evolved!

I'm on amazon ordering glass bottles and realized I have no idea how many would be good to start with for a newborn... I don't mind doing dishes and sterilizing multiple times per day, I'll be staying home :)

And I'm exclusively pumping, so she'll be eating breast milk, I'm assuming every 2 hours or so in the beginning, so.....10 or so? If I want to get away with doing dishes once a day?

How many did you find was a good number without running out before you know it and being a slave to the sink lol

Replies

• angela.bouchard
    February 12, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I'm not sure about with only doing dishes once a day lol I exclusively pumped for my son when he was a newborn and I rotated about every 3-4 bottles I would go wash and sterilize them all.

• rwebb11
    by rwebb11
    February 12, 2013 at 7:12 AM
    I currently have 8 bottles and I only do dishes once a day. He is a little older now, but I think 8-10 is the perfect number.
  • jeniprice
    February 12, 2013 at 7:21 AM
    We had 14 bottles and washed every day/ every other day.
  • Salem2012
    February 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I got 12 bottles....it was perfect for every 3 hours. 

• Nolanzo
    by Nolanzo
    February 12, 2013 at 1:49 PM
    Thank you all :)
  • bebe_ju-rah
    February 12, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    Why don't you plan to bf? Just curious...pumping seems like a lot of work!
  • Nolanzo
    by Nolanzo
    February 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM
    :) I wish I could. I have a blood-borne illness that makes a cracked nipple dangerous... And when I bf'ed my son my nipples bled constantly but I did not have the disease back then :)

So, after exhaustive research and a meeting with her ped and my lc, it has been decided this is the safest option for us :)

Luckily, I am a human of the bovine persuasion and I respond very well to a pump... It IS a heck of a lot more work than just bfig directly but I feel as though its worth it :)

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

• newmom121812
    February 12, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    If they eat every 2 hours 12
  • Nolanzo
    by Nolanzo
    February 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    Ok so my next question is... Does anyone use glass and if so what kind are your favorite? I really steer away from anything plastic and I would like to do stainless steel ideally, but they are prohibitively expensive at 15$ a pop.

So...? The new Avent glass wide-mouths look good but are 10$ a piece as well (sheesh!) I have had good luck with Born Free in the past. Also has anyone tried the Green Sprouts?

TIA
  • pinkiebabii
    February 12, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    Your nipples are more likely to crack pumping than if you nursed, unless she is born with a tongue tie, and you can have that clipped in the hospital before you leave.

Quoting Nolanzo:

:) I wish I could. I have a blood-borne illness that makes a cracked nipple dangerous... And when I bf'ed my son my nipples bled constantly but I did not have the disease back then :)

So, after exhaustive research and a meeting with her ped and my lc, it has been decided this is the safest option for us :)

Luckily, I am a human of the bovine persuasion and I respond very well to a pump... It IS a heck of a lot more work than just bfig directly but I feel as though its worth it :)

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN