Babies

hnjen12
Sippy Cups (1yr+)
by hnjen12
February 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I want to get my 15mon old off bottles(i know I'm late) What cups do you recommend that would still make him think their bottles. I have tried all the one from when my 5yr old was younger.

Looking for one that has the bottle nipples on them but are sippy cups.

Replies

• expectantmom81
    February 6, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    We bought the ones at Walmart that have a soft nipple like tip and gradually switched to the hard tip and then straws. I also recommend give a small cup a try. Use just a little water for practice so a spill won't be a bad mess to clean :-)
  • kameka
    by kameka
    February 6, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    I always start with straw cups - love them!
  • hnjen12
    by hnjen12
    February 6, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I have tried those. He will drink out of a regular straw but not a sippy cup one.

Quoting kameka:

• Baby_Avas_Momma
    February 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM
    What would be the point of even switching if the nipples will still be the same? (I swear I'm not being sarcastic or anything lol)
    They have sippys with soft spouts, dd had one, it was the brand NUB. We've never had any issues, but she never had bottles. Good luck mama! :)
  • hnjen12
    by hnjen12
    February 6, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I have tried to get him to use the sippy cup spout ones & the straws burt he isn't having it. So I thought I would try these.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

What would be the point of even switching if the nipples will still be the same? (I swear I'm not being sarcastic or anything lol)
    They have sippys with soft spouts, dd had one, it was the brand NUB. We've never had any issues, but she never had bottles. Good luck mama! :)

• kameka
    by kameka
    February 6, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    For my youngest I had to get these

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gerber-Graduates-9-oz-Insulated-Straw-Cup-Fireworks-BPA-Free-2pc/20449589

The straw doesn't have any extra texture on it and is the size of a regular straw. She started drinking water out of them around 7 months because her big sister uses them. Around a year she was able to drink out of any of the straw cups.
    My two older kids didnt start sippies until a little after a year and I couldn't get them to do the hard plastic ones. My oldest used the soft ones of the same shape but those seem to wear out quickly so I tried the straws with my middle - success!

Quoting hnjen12:

I have tried those. He will drink out of a regular straw but not a sippy cup one.

Quoting kameka:

• kirstina
    February 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM
    We are using many sippy cups mostly we use the little belly washer bottle things. They have characters on the top of them and my dad loves them.
  • hnjen12
    by hnjen12
    February 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I thought about doing those. I find him grabbing his brothers from time to time

Quoting kirstina:

We are using many sippy cups mostly we use the little belly washer bottle things. They have characters on the top of them and my dad loves them.

• mommyhonu
    February 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM

we did this too

Quoting kameka:

• la_bella_vita
    February 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM

My kid's love straw cups

Babies