Babies

Featured Posts
hismrsramirez86
In Need Of A Good Baby Sling...
February 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I'm in need of a good baby sling well not in need but I really want a baby sling so I can carry my 1mo old around. I've never used one so I'm in need of a good site that sells comfy, stylish baby slings. If u have a good site plz let me know :) Thanx!!

Replies

• emkirkley
    February 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

paxbaby.com or frogmama.com

edited to make them clickable

• Jlpmmom
    by Jlpmmom
    February 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    I got mine from seven slings and you can carry them up to 35 lbs in it.
  • larissalarie
    February 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    I strongly recommend against this sling. Even though it's "free", it's still not worth the shipping. I personally hated it and have very seldom seen a positive review.

Quoting Jlpmmom:

• larissalarie
    February 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    I'm looking into the sweet pea slings.
  • Jlpmmom
    by Jlpmmom
    February 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    Here's a positive review, I love mine. I use it almost everyday.

Quoting larissalarie:

I strongly recommend against this sling. Even though it's "free", it's still not worth the shipping. I personally hated it and have very seldom seen a positive review.

Quoting Jlpmmom:

• emkirkley
    February 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I have yet to hear or read anything good about them

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a38914117/seven_slings

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a24657989/official_seven_sling_review

Quoting Jlpmmom:

• hismrsramirez86
    February 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    Which type of sling is a good one to use?? I've personally had my mind set on getting the one the slings over one shoulder but I've seen the one that looks like a front back pack with the fabric that goes over the whole shoulder instead of just a strap. Those have looked kinda uncomfy for the baby to me cuz all u c is the head stick out as the sling looks more comfy cuz they r in the laying position. I've thought tho that maybe the back pack looking one could seem comfy to the baby as well. Which do u all recommend??
  • anxiousschk
    February 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    I'm curious about this too. Can you use Moby wraps as a sling? (I have no idea.)
  • emkirkley
    February 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM

young infants shouldn't lay in a sling, it can compromise their airway, if you are going to use a sling in a cradle hold there are very specific instructions you should follow.  My kids have never been in a cradle position in any sling, carrier or wrap and have always loved it and still ask to be in one quite frequently (they are 3.5 and 22months).  Uright, where the head is up and no tucking of the chin towards the chest, you can see the nose and kiss the top of the head is the ideal positioning of an infant.  I would read the links I posted earlier and they give some ideas for different options and more explanations than I have given.

the owners of the two shops I posted in the first post are very knowledgeable and will help you pick the ideal carrier for your needs and lifestyle. 

Quoting hismrsramirez86:

Which type of sling is a good one to use?? I've personally had my mind set on getting the one the slings over one shoulder but I've seen the one that looks like a front back pack with the fabric that goes over the whole shoulder instead of just a strap. Those have looked kinda uncomfy for the baby to me cuz all u c is the head stick out as the sling looks more comfy cuz they r in the laying position. I've thought tho that maybe the back pack looking one could seem comfy to the baby as well. Which do u all recommend??

• emkirkley
    February 5, 2013 at 3:12 PM

any carrier is going to have a learning curve, so remember that as well.  I have had a moby wrap, I have a gypsy mama bali breeze (gauze) wrap, two meitais, and a Boba 2g, I loved my moby when my children were very little (aren't supportive or safe after 15-20lbs regardless of what the instructions say and aren't safe for back or hip carries),  I loved my gmbb because it's hot and humid here and gave me lots of breathability and lots of carry options, I loved my mietais because of how adjustable they were and because DH like them more than the wraps or the soft-structured carrier (the Boba).  DH and I now use a Boba and a Kozy meitai almost exclusively.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts