Babies

renee101999
spitting up? acid reflux???
February 3, 2013 at 6:54 AM
My 3 month old daughter has been spitting up alot lately. It has been goin on for about a month. She has been on Gerber Good Start Gentle for 4 months. The dr told me it may be acid reflux. So he gave her some medine. The medicine seems to help a little. However she is still doing it. She done it 3 times yesterday. yesterday was her 2nd day on the medicine. She was spitting up after almost every feeding. My question is, is this normal for a babyto spit up, or is there anything I can do to prevent it or at least help it.

Replies

• aarensmommy
    February 3, 2013 at 6:59 AM

dd always spit up dr told us to try soy, it seemed to help.

• 1stpreggers
    February 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    Sounds normal babies spit up a lot.your three month old has been on it for three months*
  • Baby_Avas_Momma
    February 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM
    If she's gaining weight and producing enough diapers, it's really not a big deal. Spit up is normal, especially with formula because it's very heavy and hard to digest. Make sure you're burping her as much as poissibke during bottles. I'd personally avoid meds unless the diagnosis is made by an actual GI doctor and nothing else has worked. :)
  • Nicole1357
    February 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Our daughter had it semi-bad. We added baby cereal to her bottle to add thickness. This helps baby keep down liquids. Our peditrician suggested this before the medicine. She also suggested to elevate baby's head in basinet to a 40 degree angle while sleeping. After meals keep baby propped up for about thirty minutes. Hope this helps!! 

• mandapanda82
    February 3, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    Some spit up is a normal- My pedi Rx her zantac cuz I thought she might have reflux cuz she gets very fussy alot and hates bring on her back and spits up- but it didnt do a thing so I don't even think she had true reflux/ I think she's just a fussy baby!
  • bestrong218
    April 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    My baby got diagnosed with gerd a couple weeks ago. It's awful!! The dr put her on Zantac twice a day but its hard to tell if its working. I just hope it goes away soon because my baby is miserable mostly cuz of it :(
  • crystalrbp
    April 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    They told me this with ds. We tried everything we could think of. Theirs the meds (don't remember what he was on) then we tried soy formula. After he used that we had no problems. Try soy and see if that helps, GL
  • Mandamom1
    April 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    Spit up is normal as long as she is gaining weight. My dd had a big issue with this. She is on Similac sensitive. Just burp as much as possible and let her sit propped up for a little bit before she starts playing to let it settle
  • Salem2012
    April 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Is it spitting up or throwing up? Spitting up is normal.

• Ptitchou
    April 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM
    Spit up is normal. GERD is paired with no weight gain or weight loss. Meds are given too freely. :( babies simply have immature digestive tracts.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts