junebutterfly
hard bump from vaccine
February 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM
This past Monday my 15 month old got vaccines. He developed a lump where one shot was given and its still there. It is not hot but it is red and tender.
Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it anything to worry about or no big deal?

Replies

• jakesmom323
    February 3, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    Normal
  • IansMommy2012
    February 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    There was prolly something in the vaccine he hasn't had before OR he stiffened up and it just created a knot. It's happened sometimes and other times not with Ian :)

Quoting junebutterfly:

That's what I figured. He's just never had that happen before.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Sounds like just a reaction. Ds always had knots under his skin :/ if he doesn't have a fever and there isn't any streaking then I would at least wait until Monday and then call the dr and tell them :)

Quoting junebutterfly:

Monday the 28th

Quoting IansMommy2012:

When did he get his shots?
  • KylersMom8-16-7
    February 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    Normal! It's called a sterile abscess, its just a little vaccine pooled under the skin and it will eventually absorb.
  • amy1763
    by amy1763
    February 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM

My youngest daughter had this EVERY time she got shots. Sometimes it was her entire thigh! It went away after a week, sometimes two weeks. I think he will be ok but watch it to make sure it doesnt get too big. The dr gave my daughter benadryl when it was her whole thigh.