Babies

Featured Posts
Lovinglife818
6 month so sick :'(
January 30, 2013 at 2:59 AM
My little.man just turned 6 months on Monday..and was seeing at the doctors earlier bc he has a very bad cold. We are assuming from his teeth bc two teeth cut thru his gums on Sunday. Well the doctor also discovered he has a double ear infection and she said his ears looked horrible.well she gave him augmentin..well I gave it to him close to 1030 til I finally got him to eat something little.first and then he didn't go to bed til close to midnight. Well he woke up at 1 and screamed for 30 min. And then threw up and now its 3 and he's still awake..he's so warm. His temp is 100.2 ..he would only take half of his tylenol. I'm by myself and I just want to cry :'(

Replies

• alandou
    by alandou
    January 30, 2013 at 3:06 AM

oh no! poor baby & mama! it's definitely hard to see our babies in an uncomfortable situation. they are so helpless and we are helpless in the fact that we can't take it all away from them. hopefully he'll get some rest tonight and feel better. sorry mama :(

• rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    January 30, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Poor baby!  Ear infections are no fun!  My lil man had a horrible ear infection at his 6mos checkup and we didn't even know it.....he had NO signs of one.  Anyway.  Just know that he can run a high temp with it, so try to keep him comfy.  The antibiotic will help the infection and ease the pain, but it will take several days.  Be patient and be prepared for a few long nights :(  Hope he gets better soon!!!!

• iansmommy9
    January 30, 2013 at 7:38 AM

It's so hard when they are sick. If you're using a syringe for Tylenol, squirt it in the cheek of his mouth. You may have to hold his arms down, but it's doable. My son had reflux really bad and we had to use Maalox off and on with proscription meds to control it. I got very familiar with using a syringe.

• Lovinglife818
    January 30, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    Thanks ladies...I just wish there was somethingbi could do.for his congestion :'(
  • MommyO2-6631
    January 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    Sit in the bathroom with him, door closed, all of the hot water on. You can also get some baby vapo rub and put on the bottom of his feet with socks over it
  • Thelmama
    January 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM

My kids never gave me signs they Then they'd suddenly have the fever to go with it.  It happens, Mama. Hang in there. Sometimes the medicine can make them feel bad too.  

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN