carribbean26
meal ideas for toddler
January 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I am looking for some different types of dinners I can give my 2 year old daughter. I want to provide her with more variety of foods. Thanks for any ideas.

Replies

• brittney28
    January 28, 2013 at 11:03 PM
    My 15 month old loves....

Mac and cheese
    Meat loaf
    Mashed potatoes
    Meatballs and spaghetti
    Oatmeal
    Avocados and cottage cheese.
    Eggs
    All fruits
    Waffles
    French toast....
  • GhettoKoolAide
    January 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    I make my son cheese quesadillas with salsa and freeze them ( 30 sec in the microwave and its a perfect snack, one tortilla folded in half gets cut into fours).

Homeade bean and cheese burritos ( cut each burrito in half and freeze and cook for 30-40sec).

I make turkey meatballs.

I use diced ham sautéed in pineapple and rice.

I make veggie soups. Beef broth and whatever veg he will eat.

I make a homeade Mac and cheese with ham and bread crumbs.

He loves baked potatoes with cheese and steak sauce.

I make pizza with black olives and green peppers with at least 2 types of cheese.

He's 13 months old and loves lots of foods. Those listed are just the easiest to make. ;)
  • MixedCooke
    January 29, 2013 at 3:19 AM

mine eat whatever we do just a smaller portion and less spicy.

• abra
    by abra
    January 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM

My 2 year old eats whatever we are eating so for breakfast this morning he had oatmeal, apple slices and sausage. For lunch we are going to have veggie burritos, and for dinner rice and beans. 

• babygomez
    January 29, 2013 at 11:47 AM

My kids love cheese or beef enchiladas with rice & beans, cheese quesadillas with a fruit, seasoned chicken breast with veggies & a fruit, spaghetti with a fruit, sausage with macaroni and corn on the cob, chicken fajita tacos with fideo (mexican soup), meatloaf with mashed potatoes... whatever I am making for dinner for our little family. :)

• CelestialSong
    January 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Mine just eats whatever we eat for dinner. She gets a wide variety of foods and tastes that way (and she has a higher tolerance for spicy foods than I do so I don't even need to worry about that)... plus I'm not going to spend the next 18 years cooking a bunch of different meals for everyone! My mom fell into that trap with a couple of my pickier siblings and it sucked.

• RutterMama
    January 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM

My 2 year old eats whatever we eat. I don't make special things for her.

• aniters
    by aniters
    January 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    My 13 month old loves
    Soup
    Oatmeal
    Meatballs
    chicken
    Rice
    Fruit
    Nutella sandwiches
    noodles
    Cereal
    Eggs
    Pancakes
    :)
  • Junebaby18
    January 29, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    My 19 month old eats whatever we eat. I don't make special foods for her.
  • andersongirl562
    January 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM
    Whatever you are having