Babies

Smiller11
I need some advice!!
January 28, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Ok I am a first time mom so I need some advice!! I have two month old and the past few days she has been very fussy and acting as if her tummy hurts!! I kept checking her temperature and it was always normal well this morning she woke up and had a poopy diaper and it was very runny like water but she still doesn't have a fever, do I take her in to the doctor or no cause she not running a fever?!? She's eating and having wet diapers like normal, and my husband just got over a mild stomach virus?

Replies

• rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    January 28, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Is she breastfed or formula fed?  Have you changed anything in her diet?  

As long as she's not running a fever and not having constant runny diapers (every diaper change all day long) then there's nothing to worry about.  She could be going thru a growth spurt and have a tummy ache, or may have caught the stomach bug.  But as long as she hydrated you have nothing to worry about.

• Smiller11
    January 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    She's formula fed and this morning was the first runny one

Quoting rHOPEb:

As long as she's not running a fever and not having constant runny diapers (every diaper change all day long) then there's nothing to worry about.  She could be going thru a growth spurt and have a tummy ache, or may have caught the stomach bug.  But as long as she hydrated you have nothing to worry about.

• lauratupper
    January 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Keep an eye on her for now, if she starts showing any other symptoms maybe call her doctor and ask them.

• miley113012
    January 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    I would try some meds for tummy discomfort i am just like you at the moment my Dr said she dose not see anything wrong and she's healthy but i would try some high dollar stuff like i used every thing until i found this stuff called biogaia i swear by this stuff in she is a non crying baby like she was before its 30bucks but it really works
  • adwarfstar
    January 28, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I have a 2 month old as well. She's done the same to me. She used to have a lotttttt of tummy troubles. I used to put gas drops in her bottle and it helped some but not enough. So I switched her formula to a sensitive one and she's been doing wonderfully since then. I'm sure you daughter is just fine. Try laying her on her stomach across your lap and rubbing her back from the bottom of her spine up. It works wonders moving gas bubbles in her tummy around and then I go back to "burping" her and that's usually the cause of her discomfort. I'd suggest not right after a feeding though. ha Lots of spit up. And a runny diaper every now and then doesn't mean anything bad. Just what her tummy happened to be going through at the time.

• Baby_Avas_Momma
    January 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    Hmmm could be teething. Is she drooling alot? Excess drooling from teething can cause loose runny stools and obviously cause fussiness.
  • abra
    by abra
    January 28, 2013 at 10:55 AM
    I agree with trying a sensitive formula. Good luck, mama!
  • rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    January 28, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Just keep an eye on her.  I wouldn't panic.  If it becomes a habbit tho and her tummy just seems uncomfortable (for more than a few days) then you might want to call her pedi and ask them what they suggest.....maybe some gripe water or switching formula........

Quoting Smiller11:

She's formula fed and this morning was the first runny one

Quoting rHOPEb:

• Smiller11
    January 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM
    Thanks that's really helps me :)) when was your little one born was it a boy or girl?!?

Quoting adwarfstar:

I have a 2 month old as well. She's done the same to me. She used to have a lotttttt of tummy troubles. I used to put gas drops in her bottle and it helped some but not enough. So I switched her formula to a sensitive one and she's been doing wonderfully since then. I'm sure you daughter is just fine. Try laying her on her stomach across your lap and rubbing her back from the bottom of her spine up. It works wonders moving gas bubbles in her tummy around and then I go back to "burping" her and that's usually the cause of her discomfort. I'd suggest not right after a feeding though. ha Lots of spit up. And a runny diaper every now and then doesn't mean anything bad. Just what her tummy happened to be going through at the time.

• alexislovesjr
    January 28, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I would take her if its persists yes. Its better to take her in to be on the safe side.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts