MrsKoolaidPunk
EEG appointment tomorrow for my 4 month old. Advice?
January 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM

She had a seizure a few months back, and we have been on a waiting list to see this neurologist. On the paperwork it said to refrain from caffeine for 24 hours, wake her up 1-2 hours before her usual wake-up time, and to keep her awake. I got the paperwork mixed up with some of her other medical papers and just want to make sure I'm not leaving anything out!
She's breastfed, so should I nurse her in the morning when she wakes up still? 

Replies

• IrishIz
    by IrishIz
    January 27, 2013 at 9:43 PM

They like to have them sleepy many times as it can be easier to bring a seizure on. You can certainly feed her.  

• kirstina
    January 27, 2013 at 9:50 PM
    My son had one done when he was 2 months old. My sister went with me to keep him awake because it was a 30 minute drive and I couldn't drive and keep him awake. I nursed when he woke up but only enough to keep him happy I didn't fill him up. After they put the things on his head I nurse him to sleep. good luck .
  • MrsKoolaidPunk
    January 27, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Thank you!!!

Quoting kirstina:

My son had one done when he was 2 months old. My sister went with me to keep him awake because it was a 30 minute drive and I couldn't drive and keep him awake. I nursed when he woke up but only enough to keep him happy I didn't fill him up. After they put the things on his head I nurse him to sleep. good luck .

• kirstina
    January 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    Your welcome. My oldest had lots of test but has no health problems now. Keep us updated on your little one.

Quoting MrsKoolaidPunk:

Thank you!!!

Quoting kirstina:

• cali_angel_girl
    Amy
    January 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Neither of my kids have had to have one but I just wanted to say I hope everything goes smoothly.

• babygomez
    January 28, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Best wishes! ((Hugs))

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts