Babies

lucaslexie
baltic amber teething necklace??
January 27, 2013 at 8:37 AM

has anyone ever used one??  If so what is the age you started putting one on your kids?

Replies

• angevil53
    January 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    Yes. I started at two months. The biggest difference i noticed was no drooling. Not like any baby had ever seen before! Her clothes stayed clean and dry. She was still fussy but not bc of teething. She had two coming in right now (14mo) one is a molar and no change. When her teeth came in she got six at once. She had diarrhea though but i didn't use tylenol or anything.
  • lucaslexie
    January 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    Ok my dd is 6 months so its safe to start now? The website said 36 months. I'm like what's the point by then.

Quoting angevil53:

Yes. I started at two months. The biggest difference i noticed was no drooling. Not like any baby had ever seen before! Her clothes stayed clean and dry. She was still fussy but not bc of teething. She had two coming in right now (14mo) one is a molar and no change. When her teeth came in she got six at once. She had diarrhea though but i didn't use tylenol or anything.
  • GodsAmiga
    January 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I tried it with my second because she had so much trouble with her teeth. I think she was probably around...8 months? I think? Anyways, it didn't work at all for her. :-P

• angevil53
    January 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    Hmmm i didn't realize people even started that late. I would research a bit more if you're worried about it.

Quoting lucaslexie:

Ok my dd is 6 months so its safe to start now? The website said 36 months. I'm like what's the point by then.

Quoting angevil53:

• larissalarie
    January 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    Yep, use & love them. Start when they're an infant and teething or uncomfortable from a fever.
  • lucaslexie
    January 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    Do they chew on the necklace ?? Is there potential chocking hazard ?

Quoting larissalarie:

Yep, use & love them. Stay when they're an infant and teething or uncomfortable from a fever.
  • larissalarie
    January 27, 2013 at 11:47 AM
    Not if you order one made for a baby :-)
    Check out hazelaid.com.

Quoting lucaslexie:

Do they chew on the necklace ?? Is there potential chocking hazard ?

Quoting larissalarie:

Yep, use & love them. Stay when they're an infant and teething or uncomfortable from a fever.
  • lucaslexie
    January 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    I ordered one off eBay it is for a baby natural Baltic amber. I hope it works
  • Luvinmyjaja
    January 27, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I was curious about these I have not tried them but wanted to. 

• LavenderMom23
    January 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM

A friend purchased one for my 11 month old DD last week and she loves it. I am slightly concerned it comes with a card reading "NOT FOR CHEWING". Umm, isn't that the point? To teeth on it? I assume they don't want your little one too have many teeth?

Babies