Babies

Featured Posts
Mommy2BeAmy
4 month old about to crawl???
January 26, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Hi ladies!

My daughter is 4 months and has been holding up her head since 3 weeks. She has been rolling since almost two months. Now she wont stay still. She puts her butt in the air and pushes her legs to crawl but her upper half didnt do anything but push her head into the bed. Now shes positioning her hands and moving her feet to crawl. She doesnt stay at one place she will go from the top end of the bed either down or over to the edge.
I should add my baby was 12lb2oz.

What do u think?? My in laws said by mext month shell be crawling, this is what their 10 month old grandson did right before he crawled...your thoughts??

Replies

• USMCwife0530
    January 26, 2013 at 4:09 AM
    Personally, I've never heard of a 4-5 month old crawling or even close. But I guess anything is possible.
  • iansmommy9
    January 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Pushing up on hands and putting butt in the air is a sign for sure. She will probably crawl backward before forward. That's hilarious to watch. 

My son could lift his head and turn it at 1 day old. He figured out crawling by 6 months. He was pulling up 2 weeks later, and walking at 9 months 4 days. Some kids physical development is very fast. 

• louzannalady
    January 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM

My first was crawling around five months, walking at seven, running at nine and climbing his high chair at eleven! My second turned six months old on the 13th. He was crawling at four months and pulling himself into a standing position at five months and then a week later, started cruising furniture. He is still just a cruising, but on Friday, he started letting go and standing for a second by him, then grabbing back hold of whatever he was holding on to. He'll be taking his first unassisted steps in a couple of weeks.

• matofour
    January 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    My kids were all early crawlers. My youngest walked, yes walked, without holding onto anything, by himself, at 8 1/2 months.
    Some babies are just physical babies.
  • louzannalady
    January 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM

It does happen. Here is my youngest at four and half months (Nov 30th). He was born July 13th. 

Quoting USMCwife0530:

Personally, I've never heard of a 4-5 month old crawling or even close. But I guess anything is possible.

• GodsAmiga
    January 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM

My dd2 was crawling by 5 months so it's possible. :-) She was pulling herself up to standing at 5 1/2 months and was walking by 8 months so you just might have a mover on your hands. :-)

• louzannalady
    January 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM

My oldest walked unassisted at seven months and was climbing his high chair at eleven months (gave me a heart attack!). But, he's two and just now started stringing two words together. He is more interested in thrill seeking and causing loud noises and chasing the dogs than talking! Lol! (I did test his receptive language seeks, he knew ten body parts at 18 months by pointing to the right one when asked and at least ten or twelve other household items and his picking up remarkably fast, now! But, he just wasn't interested before.)

Quoting matofour:

My kids were all early crawlers. My youngest walked, yes walked, without holding onto anything, by himself, at 8 1/2 months.
    Some babies are just physical babies.

• mom2the.rescue
    January 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM

My oldest was 4 mo & kind of crawling...more like an army crawl I guess.  It's possible.  GL with that lol.

• Salem2012
    January 26, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Sometimes they do this for a long time before they actually crawl..DS started to do the pre crawl things around 5 months and did not actually crawl belly off the floor til 9 months.

• lismore
    by lismore
    January 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    My ds was crawling at 6 months and walking at 10 months.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN