SuperMom2433
My son is starting to really hate his...
January 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Highchair!! He fights me on it. He's 16 months (on the 26th). Does/did your lo hate their highchair at some point? What did you do to help the situation?

Replies

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    January 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM

My son stopped using any kind of high chair/booster chair when he was 1.  He sits at a toddler table with toddler chairs with his older sister.

• iansmommy9
    January 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM

We put him in a booster seat until he was about 20 months old. He's 28 months old now and sits in a regular chair at our table. I keep the high chair because he likes to sit in it when we back.

• alexislovesjr
    January 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM

yes about the same age. I bought a booster to put at the table

• SuperMom2433
    January 23, 2013 at 2:53 PM
    The table is a wonderful idea. We have a super small kitchen and no dining table space whatsoever so we all eat in the living room with our tv trays. Not the best thing to do but it's what works until we can get a bigger place. Im going to get him one of those toddler table sets. Thanks for the idea!

Quoting PEEK05:

My son stopped using any kind of high chair/booster chair when he was 1.  He sits at a toddler table with toddler chairs with his older sister.

• MamaBear2cubs
    January 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM

My kids really didn't do a highchair. We had a booster seat at about 1 and then we switched to a child sized picnic table.

• Marimaru
    January 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM

My oldest started fighting the high chair when she was mobile.  My youngest isn't quite into it yet.

• smac28
    by smac28

Yup and mine's only 14 months. he now sits in a regular chair if its a quick casual meal, and a booster if its like a family gathering or out at a restaurant.

• prettymomma1204
    we don't have a space for a table either. the toddler tables work great. just make sure to put a shower curtain or sheet under it.
  • OliviaW.
    January 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM

He was about 20 months. I just bought him a booster and put it to the table without the tray. He loves it.

• kirstina
    January 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    My 16 month old doesn't like her high chair but she knows if she wants to eat she has to sit in it.
    A few days ago I was cleaning the dining rooms and Ashe climbed up on one of the dining room chairs and then fell on her head. She is going to be locked in to the high chair for a bit long. Besides we only have 4 chairs to our dining room table and there are 5 of us.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts